Hardwood supplies in Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dullblade

New User
Roger Hunter
I need to know some good places to buy hardwood and exotics in the immediate Charlotte area. Preferably south of Downtown but will travel a reasonable distance for the good stuff. Thanks, Roger

cskipper

Cathy
There is a list of vendors we've identified so far on the left hand side of the screen under More Pages box. This list is in progress so if you find a new vendor let us know and we can add it.

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Roger,

As far as getting a hold of exotics go my guess would probably be Klingsplores or Woodcraft. Charlotte Hardwoods has your typical walnut, cherry, and that sort of thing. They may be able to order you other stuff although I have never checked with them. They are pretty proud of their products. To get better prices would involve driving more distance. Check around with those places and if you strike out I am sure others can chime in with other places that they use.

M

McRabbet

Dullblade said:
I need to know some good places to buy hardwood and exotics in the immediate Charlotte area. Preferably south of Downtown but will travel a reasonable distance for the good stuff. Thanks, Roger
I moved this thread to the Where Can I Buy or Sell Forum as it's more appropriate there.

Rob

brent innc

New User
Brent
Charlotte Hardwoods over near the airport, domestic and exotics.
HH and NK in Shelby if they are still open. Website is gone, don't know if that means they are or not.

M

McRabbet

Unfortunately, HH and NK are gone -- closed a year ago. :-(

Rob
brent innc said:
HH and NK in Shelby if they are still open. Website is gone, don't know if that means they are or not.

sapwood

New User
Roger
McRabbett,

Does the"Roundup" in Shelby sell anything other than sheet goods?

I pass the place occasionally but haven't had a chance to check them out in quite a while.

Sapwood

M

McRabbet

sapwood said:
McRabbett,

Does the"Roundup" in Shelby sell anything other than sheet goods?

I pass the place occasionally but haven't had a chance to check them out in quite a while.

Sapwood
Roger,

The Round Up Store in Shelby only carries sheet goods -- their prices are very good (e.g., $36 for a sheet of B-2 3/4" Birch Plywood), but you need to be careful because some is lower quality. They also carry Poplar, knotty Pine, Cherry, Walnut and Mahogany (latter two are $75/sheet). I'd recommend their stuff for built-ins or shop cabinets. I used the Birch and painted it.

Rob

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Great, Shelby. Us Fayetteville folks just don't have a local source for much of the good stuff, without making it a day trip! Or without negotiating deals with one of the local cabinet shops...

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
You guys would be passing right through Lincoln County or pretty close to it if heading to Shelby. Stop by in Iron station if its a saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS