Hall Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
After much procrastination I finished this table just in time for a local schools fund raising auction. It's simular to one I built for LOML with some changes to accents. It's mahogany with mappa burl veneer, zebra cross banding, ebony and holly.
100_13121.jpg

View image in gallery

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Very nice Larry. What is the finish?

Bob
Bob, the finish is red mahogany stain (on the mahogany only) followed by a couple of wash coats of shelac over every thing, then a toner coat of chestnut (brown) gel stain over every thing followed by 5 sprayed on coats of poly then a wax coat.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Beautiful table. Be sure to get some good pictures for next years calendar. :icon_thum

What the heck is Mappa????

pete

Bob Carreiro

New User
Bob
Awesome looking table, Larry! How much would this fetch from a willing buyer?

Is this your design? You've got a good eye, Larry. Finishing is always a worry for me. I've sprayed laquers years ago, but with today's finishing products, I'm always at a loss to know what to use.

Very, very nice job.

sincerely,
Bob Carreiro

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Beautiful Larry....Tell me about the leg tips, please.
Joe, I made the banding by glueing 1/4X1/4 holly and ebony pieces together then glueing 1/16" pieces of holly top and botton. After the glue sets I run it thru the bandsaw set to cut 1/16. It is then inlayed into the leg. The leg under the banding is just flat black paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS