GW Lathe - First Recipient

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
The first recipient will be DavidF. Then the second will be GotoJeremy.

Staff Members were not eligible to be the first.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
The transfer will take place on Thurs 3/22/2007 at noon at the Chilis in Apex. We'll have a lunch there too!!

David, Did I get the correct day or did mess upp again. (we are working around David's out of town schedule.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Excellent!! I'll be there too. Maybe with something to enhance the turning experience.
Dave:)

dozer

Mike
Hopefully you are bringing hockey gear if it is anything like my first turning experience :rolf:

Congrats David, look forward to seeing some pictures.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I would like to go, but I will be out of town again.

DavidF, PM me your address and I will mail it. Postage won't be much anyway.

J

jeff...

Way to go David - have fun with those wood beaters on that spinning wood. Now all you need is some thick wood to make bowls, what's the swing on that lathe again?

Thanks

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Hey DavidF ... hurry up and learn how to use this lathe ... I want ... need ... to get my hands on it! :eusa_danc:lol:

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Hey DavidF ... hurry up and learn how to use this lathe ... I want ... need ... to get my hands on it! :eusa_danc:lol:

Jeremy,
I might need to get a few leason's when you get the lathe! Might just spark my interest enough to venture into the vortex!

~Phillip

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
David's night stands will be on hold for a couple of months!

Can hardly wait to see some of the fine turnings comin' off of the GW lathe!

Wayne

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Sweet! Looking forward to David and then Jeremy's progress on the lathe!
Someday it's something I'd like to try, but I've got too many sticks in the fire as it is... So I'll just have to learn vicariously through you two! :rolf:

nelsone

New User
Ed
Congrats Guys!!! Be carefull, they are addicting:lol:

Jeremy, let me know when you get the lathe. I don't have much experience, but I'll be willing to walk you through a couple pens if you'd like!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hot diggity! The first NCWWer Scholarship has been awarded . . . and it couldn't happen to more deserving members. :icon_thum

I hope to be there Thursday, 22nd . . . however, I have annual physical exam at 10:30 am. May make it if I rent a Bugatti :lol:

Roger

DavidF

New User
David
The transfer will take place on Thurs 3/22/2007 at noon at the Chilis in Apex. We'll have a lunch there too!!

David, Did I get the correct day or did mess upp again. (we are working around David's out of town schedule.

Nope, that is correct ALL THINGS BEARING EQUAL STRAIN! I am over here fixing broken machines so let's hope they cooperate!

I am thrilled and honoured at being chosen as the first recipient of the "Good will" lathe. Carol was also interested in having a go so we may be calling on those offers of instruction! Did we ever decide how long the "holding" period would be? Just so I know when I might get back to those bedside cabinets:lol: :lol:

Thanks to those people or even that person:lol: that nominated me; I will try to turn some nice things, but I refuse to compete with the talented pen turners we have here so I am going for another niche:lol:

See you all on Thursday:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS