Gum ball revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
After all these years I have finally found a positive use for those aggravating sweetgum balls :mrgreen:

gumball_pen2.jpg

View image in gallery

Ahhh sweet revenge ! :banana:

Thanx for lookin' :mrgreen:

Glennbear

Glenn
Nice looking and definitely unique pen ! :icon_thum Between this design and the pine cone pens are you buying CA in the 5 gallon size ?:rotflm:

nelsone

New User
Ed
Dang Duster! Is there no end to your creativity???That looks great. Who else would have come up with that???

Dragon

New User
David
That's some fine looking pen. Seeing your thread title I was thinking you'd found some that would work in a paintball gun and were having some fun.:gar-La;

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I'll never curse another one when I step on it. I too would love to know how you did it????

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
:eusa_clap what's next? a rock?:gar-Bi

A bumper from a 57 chevy :gar-La;

Seriously Duster those are awesome - don't know how you did it and don't much care... but I would say you could see them pretty easy they are like nothing I've ever seen before - you may have just found a profitable use for those ****ed gum balls...

timf67

New User
Tim
And to think I have been slowly cutting all of those [STRIKE]weeds[/STRIKE] trees down on my property! :eusa_doh: I think I'll go get some CA instead, cause I've got a pile of gumballs outside!

Really great work! You are definitely creative, and make me feel dumb for buying blanks!

dpsnyder

New User
Dan
OK so how do you get round gumballs into something that you can turn? I get that you cover with CA, but do you compress them first. Just seems like a lot of empty space between the balls. Just curious,

Dan

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks awesome! :icon_thum:icon_thum
I have plenty of raw materials for that one. Any idea how to do one from dead fire ants?:gar-Bi

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
That is an amazing Pen, Robert~! And at first I was wondering who this was, Your avatar tricked me.

I will surely save this picture of this pen of Cool pens made by others, and wonder how it is done.

Please share some start to finish pic's or a video. That would be awesome~!

Oh how many of those Gum Balls did it take?

Thanks for sharing such a cool looking pen~!!!

sawduster

New User
Robert
I gathered several large gumballs ( not hard to do in my yard :BangHead: )
Holding it by the stem I flattened the top on my belt sander until i found the core. Then I did the same thing to the stem side , in effect making a small " cookie " I then glued these " cookies " together and compressed them slightly with a clamp . It took 4 per side . Once dry I soaked them with CA then came back to them later and drilled . A sharp skew ( thanx Fred :icon_thum ) , lots of honing, lots of CA ( Glenn, I have seriously considered the 5 gal bucket :mrgreen: ) and some med CA to help fill the voids
I have ( I hope ) a better idea for the next one and I will share that process if it works out ....it looks good on paper anyway :gar-La;

Thanx for the kind words everyone . Like the pine cone pen, I hope the next one will look even better ! Still looking for large cones to try that pen again

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
That is too cool bro! :cool: Man, I've got TONS of those laying around on the back porch. :BangHead: Glad to see there is a possible use for them. :widea: Excellent work bro. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Now!

If this doesn't beat all!!!!:icon_scra:dontknow:

:eusa_clapWhat a superb job a such a novel idea. :eusa_clap

WTG Robert ...........You done did it again!:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

Wayne

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Neat!

But, I'm still not going to take up pen making. :rotflm:

Wonder if I could turn a bowl out of one? :eusa_thin

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Wow Robert! The Artist strikes again:notworthy:. That is a great use of an otherwise worthless piece of trash.

BTW, I picked up some large Fayette Nam pine cones today. Not the biggest I've seen there but may work. Unfortunately, my brother has been using them as fire starters in his fireplace :slap:. I thumped him severely and he assured me he would save you some bigger ones.

PM me directions or phone # and I'll drop these off anytime you would like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS