guaging intrest KD QS Sycamore lumber run

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Looking ahead and seeing if there is any interest in a 4/4 kiln dry QS Sycamore lumber run. I think I can manage a $3.25 ~ $3.50 a BF discounted NCWoodWorker members only price range. We could do natural edge one side like last run or I could do rough cut both edges. Scott tells me I'll need edge enough to cover the layer of his kiln carts to help with air flow.

What's your thoughts?

Thanks

JohnW

New User
John
I'd be interested in ~ 50 BF

Also need kiln dried walnut....do you have a thread started on dried walnut? Don't have the room to air dry myself.

Thanks,
John W

J

jeff...

Is there anymore interest? I'm in the process of scrounging up enough logs for another 4/4 QS Sycamore lumber run. Gotta hit at least 1000 BF to make it into Scott's Kiln.

Lets have a vote - bark on or bark off (edged)... I think it's a better deal for everyone with the bark on, since there is no real distinction between heart / sap wood and the way we calculate BF seemed to be more than fair.

Thanks

cskipper

Cathy
I'm inerested in some - but not sure on finances or storage, You know I have difficulty resissting qs sycamore.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jeff, I too would like to try some but at the most I would want 30 bf. Sorry but at the moment I am not sure what I would do with more.

J

jeff...

4/4 QS Sycamore is next up on the mill. I feel behind again, had a 1/2 TTL load of cedar to cut.

I'll be taking the Sycamore to Scott to be kiln dried. It'll be well after the first of the year before it ready. Anyways let me know if your interested in some, so I can reserve some for you.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS