Greetings from the near-west

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outa Square

New User
Al
Hello all. I am new here and here is my introduction.

I have been woodworking practically all my life, and slowly my skills are improving and i am becoming more confident. My projects have ranged from "cars" and "trucks" built out of rescued scraps from my grandfather's to-burn pile and strategically placed nails when i was five to a full length mirror with jewelry box when i proposed to my wife some years ago. Here of late my projects have been shelves and built-in around the house.

I always have several projects going at once. Currently i am building a fence in the backyard, re-purposing a old nail keg into a trash can, and i am almost done with a shaving horse.

My biggest limitation is my shop, as i am hoping to downsize to gain a roof and walls.:gar-La;

I look froward to participating in the forum and learning from you guys & gals.

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site. :icon_thum Glad to have you join. :eusa_clap Pictures we like to see all kinds of pictures.

Danny

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Walls are not all they are cracked up to be, enjoy the size of your shop while you have it. You will never have enough space after you put up walls.

Good to have another member in the region.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Al -- from the farther west... Hope to see you join in and share some of your years of enjoying wood. Happy to have you join us.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hello Al,

Welcome. It's always good to have another woodworker join us. Don't forget, we love our photos... take pics of stuff you build, your shop, and the shop dog. Post them here.

Ray

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Al!

Would love to some pictures of your shaving horse. A bunch of NCWWK'ers just finished or are in the process of building one and I am sure that they too would be interested! It seems that once I started making sawdust (about 3 years ago) there is a never ending list of projects from my four daughters and the LOML that keep this old guy extremely busy in the shop,:gar-La; and I love every minute of solitude with my power tools!:gar-Bi

Hope to hear from you often here on the board and as mentioned, please share pictures of your work and enjoy all of the great folks here!

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Al, I like your user name. It should be mine as I always seem to be :BangHead::BangHead: I look forward to your input in the forums and hopefully seeing some pics of your work, shop, family, pets or anything you care to share.
See you around!!!

Dave:)

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hey Al, welcome to the best sawdust pile anywhere. I am glad you found us and I look fowarding to seeing your work. Having a shop with walls and roof is not as important as having a camera to show off your work.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Welcome, Al. Outa Square is not out of place around here. We have a few round corners. :swoon:

nightshade

New User
Janet
:gar-Bi Greetings Al :gar-Bi

I too am a Newbie, and let me tell you, these folks are WONDERFUL!! I don't know if I have ever met a nicer group of people. They will help you with and problems and will freely share tips and advice. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do:eusa_danc

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome to the friendliest woodworking site on the net. Post lots of pictures of your work, family, shop, etc.

Outa Square

New User
Al
thanks for the warm welcome.

I'll try to get some pics up soon.

As far as the user name it exemplifies my challenges in dealing with my home which was built in 1919. My mantra in dealing with it is plumb, square, level... pick two of the three.:gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors