Got to Hang with DaveO today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
It was a cloudy, cold and rainy day today in the RDU area. To be honest, I probably would've been perfectly fine just climbing back into bed or parking it on the couch and watching football all afternoon. But instead, I had the opportunity to meet Dave and his wonderful family and hang with them. :icon_thum It was mostly shop time, but I also got a tour of the house and got to see a lot of Dave's work. Dave turned a bowl and more or less tipped me off the edge of the slippery slope that is the DARKSIDE. (Thinking that I need to start picking up some extra hours to afford the lathe and accesories). :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::rotflm: Here are a few pics of the bowl, which happens to match the coffee table that I recently finished for Christy. We both appreciate that very much buddy.

table_017.jpg

table_005.jpg

Dave,

I can't thank you enough for inviting me over and for the great afternoon. I feel like I learned so much today and was lucky enough to be able to share some great stories too. Definitely looking forward to the next time. Above all else, thanks for introducing me to this great group of folks. When I first signed on here, I had no idea how much this site and all of its members would become such a great part of my life. :notworthy:

Thanks so much, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Cool you got pictures...so it really did happen. Thanks for dropping by, it was a nice interlude in the family Holiday weekend...I needed a break. I never put two and two together as how that bowl would match the table you made your lovely GF. It looks great on there.
Now don't start blaming me for the over-time you'll be working to get your lathe and accessories. I am not the Pusher of the Dark Side :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Dave:)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Looks like a good time. I am afraid that you are now headed down the slope!!

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Dave great looking bowl :icon_thum Trent glad that you got to spend sometime with a fellow NCWWer - I am sure you learned alot from Dave

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Dave great looking bowl :icon_thum Trent glad that you got to spend sometime with a fellow NCWWer - I am sure you learned alot from Dave
Oh, I am sure! I foresee Trent painting his shop peach paint in the future.

Good story gentlemen. :icon_thum

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
I am not the Pusher of the Dark Side :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil: Dave:-)[/quote said:
Dave, I still have your hand prints on my back from the shove a long time ago! I still appreciate it, but my wallet still seeks revenge :jealous:.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Now don't start blaming me for the over-time you'll be working to get your lathe and accessories. I am not the Pusher of the Dark Side :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

The heck you say! Dave is like the dope man for the darkside!!LOL Na he is one heck of a nice guy. Though the biased cut zebrawood I left with wasn't nearly as nice to me :rolf:. Dave we have to do it again soon. Say hey to the family from Lyn and I.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Cool you got pictures...so it really did happen. Thanks for dropping by, it was a nice interlude in the family Holiday weekend...I needed a break. I never put two and two together as how that bowl would match the table you made your lovely GF. It looks great on there.

Sorry I forgot to bring the camera when I came by. I think I'm 0 for however many times I've met another NCWWer. :slap:

I won't blame you Dave. I'll blame the other person that invited me over, then turned a beautiful bowl right before my very eyes and made it look effortless. :nah::rotflm::no::swoon::wink_smil

Thanks for the great comments everyone. :icon_thum

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
I am not the Pusher of the Dark Side :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

:rotflm::rolf::gar-La;

Whoa, that is a good one!

Trent, nice bowl. I would toss you a lifeline to rescue you from that slippery slope, but I am afraid I would get sucked in by the vortex. Remember, you will always have good traction on flat wood. :widea:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
:rotflm::rolf::gar-La;

Whoa, that is a good one!

Trent, nice bowl. I would toss you a lifeline to rescue you from that slippery slope, but I am afraid I would get sucked in by the vortex. Remember, you will always have good traction on flat wood. :widea:

Tom, you stood mighty close to my lathe yesterday, did you not feel the tug?

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Sounds like a fun time was had by all. :icon_thum

Did Dave pat you down for elves before you left or did he only do that to me cause I looked seedy? :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Brian.

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Uh...nobody here can 'hang' with DaveO...all you can do is stand near him in awe..haha The MASTER!:rotflm:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Uh...nobody here can 'hang' with DaveO...all you can do is stand near him in awe..haha The MASTER!:rotflm:

OMG there ain't a smilie to show my eyes rolling back in my head far enough like a Penguin during a fly-by
:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:
But hey, thanks for the compliment :cool:

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Sounds like another great NCWWer story. Friends sharing their time and expertise with friends. That's the spirit guys!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS