Got home today and catching up on the postings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
From what I've read, it looks as if the new BoD got off to a good start at the June 14 meeting. I'm sorry I wasn't there, but I was not aware of it. I wouldn't have been able to attend had I known about it, because this trip with the family to Florida was planned and booked last September.

As I have mentioned previously, I undergo surgery on Wednesday the 24th. It will either be out patient surgery or one overnight stay in the hospital and then a few days recuperation. I see that Steve has suggested a fund raising drive be started around July 1. I should be in a position by then to start the drive. I'm open to all ideas as to an effective way to get the process underway. I know that I, as well as some others, have already committed to contributing on a quarterly basis but I expect we are probably in the minority. Steve, I'm sure you have some numbers available for that and I will give you a call to discuss this in more detail.

I probably won't feel like doing much after Wednesday until the following week. If anyone has some ideas they would like to share, contact me in the next couple of days.

M

McRabbet

Stuart, as you may recall from our conversation at the Picnic, my grandson had a cochlear implant in his left ear in August 2007 and has progressed well even though he still does not have speech 21 months later (he is 3 yrs 2 mos old). I suspect yours will be much easier to adapt to since you will still have assisted hearing through your other ear (he has no auditory nerve on the right side).

We wish you well with the procedure and trust you'll have a speedy recovery. We will look forward to reading of your progress after the surgery. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors