Goodbye - sort of

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I moved to North Carolina in 2005 from Virginia due to a job change. I had visited a number of woodworking websites before arriving, such as Beaver Creek. I joined NCWW at it's early stages, and at Steve Coles request became an active member sitting on the first Board he created to ensure the group's continued existence. This is the best woodworking Site/ Organization I have found on the Internet.

I am proud to be a member here and have made some wonderful friendships. However, I have recently accepted a position working for my Alma Mater. This means my wife and I will be moving back to New York (Upstate), where we are originally from. Consequently, I will not be able to be at the shop-crawls, picnic, lumber runs, etc. I am grateful to the members that have opened their shops to me and taught me a lot.

I will still post here and try to be an active "remote" member.

Doug

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
It has been our pleasure that you are a part NCWW. We wish you and your family safe travels. So if you get lonely for the NCWW family please share your adventures with us, and why not start a chapter of NCWW, New York State style where you settle. Just a thought.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Congratulations on the new job Doug! You will be missed at Klingspor and for everything you've done around the local community. You have touched many families hearts! I wish you safe travels and please stay active on the site and continue to share when you can. I for one will miss meeting up with you every so often! Good luck my friend!

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you for your contributions to the forum. Looking forward to seeing what you provide from NY.

gator

George
Corporate Member
From one 'old timer' to another, enjoy your new job and be sure to get a shop up and running soon. And I remember those first board meetings in Steve's kitchen.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
First Doug, I want to say Thank You for all your early contributions to NCWW. I know Steve Coles is the founder, but I believe you and a few others worked hard to make it what it is today. Without that extra effort I sincerely doubt we would exist today. So Thank You.

Second, the only thing I can say about returning to upstate NY: Invest in a good snow blower. Better yet, a small tractor w/ a blower on the front. :eek:

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you Doug, for all you did and all you do - I think you might be more missed at KWS than moving from the state... since WE EXPECT you to be even MORE active here on-line!!! (no pressure!!!)

I will try to come see you when I visit.. (NYC is where I am writing from right now)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS