Good Will Lathe transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
To start, I am happy to say that in a unanimous decision by the whole membership and staff, Sawduster (Robert the ARTIST) has been chosen for the next recipient of the GWL.
That was the easy part, the more difficult part is to come. We have to get the lathe and all it's accessories from Vanilla Gorilla (Marco) in Durham to Robert in Youngsville. I have also recently found out that a box of stuff (I'm not sure what) got left with NCPete in Hope Mills from when he had it. It would be great if we could reunited that box o stuff back with the GWL lathe.
I have sent messages to both Marco and Robert to start to figure out how this will work. It might be easy, it might involve a big ol' lunch gathering. So let's put our heads together and figure out a way we can get Robert spinnin'

Dave:)

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Re: Good Will Lathe transfere

Dave, I will be happy to assist in any way. I am in Raleigh/Durham a few days each week. I pass by the big city:wink_smil of Y-ville on my way home.

If I can get it in the trunk of my Avalon, I will be happy to deliver it to the "Artist formerly known as Robert"...:gar-La;
If I have advance notice, I can take the trailer (5x10). I KNOW it will fit in that:icon_thum.

Let me know...

M

McRabbet

I'm sure the Shop Widow is already wringing her hands... You're off to the dark side, Bro! (but congratulations anyhow!)

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart

WTG Robert. With that artistic eye of yours, I am anxious to see what you do with this. Post those pics bro.

JohnW

New User
John
How in the world are you going to get that small little saw blade installed on a lathe :eusa_thin I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Very good choice. Enjoy the new learning experience Robert.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I work in Durham and can pick up the GWL. Just drop me a PM with a time, phone # and location. I live in North Raleigh South of Sawduster and he and I know the way to each other's shops. As for the accessories I will leave that up to others.

Doug

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
And if you can't hook up with Doug's schedule, I work in RTP and I can handle the transportation. I know where Robert lives and works. Just send me a PM.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Congrats Robert! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Man, I can't wait to see what you make! I'll be taking notes from you bro. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Trent

tjgreen

New User
Tim
Sounds like you've got enough volunteers, but for the record, I work in RTP and live in Wake Forest, probably closest so far to Sawduster. I'll also be in Durham this weekend if that's easier than a weeknight. I don't know the way to Sawduster's shop, but it's past time I fixed that.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
COOL, thanks all. Now I just need to hear back from Marco for the best way to get it from him. I knew I can count on y'all to help out a fellow member :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum.
Thanks,
Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS