Gloat to end all Gloats

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
A few of the members are aware of this already but it it now time to share with everyone. Back in 1999 the sun, moon and stars came together and my wife and I got a deal on a mobile home and lot on Lake Gaston. That was a weekend/vacation place and a future retirement place. Well the interest rates, sun, moon, and stars came back together and we took the plunge to get rid of the mobile home and put a real retirement home in. Here are some shoots, taken this week, of the setting of our new modular home. We are hoping for a CO in mid March. There is a 10 x 20 storage shed on the property that will be used for a shop.

Foundation shot

Lifting of main part of the back

Swinging back around

Lowering back

Lifting front

Swinging front

Lowering front

Raising extension

Swinging extension

All in place

It was an amazing process to watch. There was a lot of prep work but the actual lift, swing, and place of each part only took about 15-20 minutes

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Great Googly Moogly, Scott. This really does shame other so-called gloats. WOW!! Congrats. A new shop... with a house on the property too :gar-La;

When does this become a permanent place of woodworking / residence?

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Ahhhh Scott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that you have nailed a spot on the ultimate of Super Gloats with this one. Those are some really amazing pictures.

Don't forget to enlist help round here when it comes time for the shop move!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Congrats!

Wayne

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Of course, several gloats here - new house, obviously, but also retirement....which means more SHOP TIME!
Congrats Scott - definitely a huge gloat.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Congrats! Thats a wonderful looking location for a shop!

and a house!

Looking forward to your first semi-annual BBQ :)

Jim

steviegwood

New User
Steven
beautiful location there Scott. I am sure that it will be enjoyed. Put a bunkhouse in there somewhere to invite some of this crew to your retirement party and those bar-b-ques. of course any work that needs done gets done first.hehe. Steve

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Retirement is still a couple years away but my wife and I both have jobs that we work remote so as long as we have a phone and internet we are all set. Hope to be up there permanent by next spring. There are several other NCWW members within 15 minutes so think of it as a location for a Lake Crawl. Come by car or boat.

steviegwood

New User
Steven
Retirement is still a couple years away but my wife and I both have jobs that we work remote so as long as we have a phone and internet we are all set. Hope to be up there permanent by next spring. There are several other North Carolina Woodworker members within 15 minutes so think of it as a location for a Lake Crawl. Come by car or boat.
Hey Scott, may have to take you up on that one day. might just hook up the boat and head sout. I am tired of all this snow up here. Steve :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Congratulations Scott. Both on the new home and upcoming retirement. Retirement is fantastic. Next Tuesday will be 2 years for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors