Glad I found you

Status
Not open for further replies.

4yanks

New User
Willie
Hello,
I found this site on a Google advertisement. I have spent some time on other WW message boards, but wished there was a more local focus. What a surprise when I clicked on the ad and landed here. I have been WW since about 1995. My interest lies in 17th and 18th century American furniture reproduction. My shop is currently in a 2 car garage located in Fayetteville. However, next month I'm moving to Southern Pines where we are having a house built with a dedicated shop building. Great site by the way.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
with the growing number of Sandhills area woodworkers, perhaps we should start a local club, like the WNC woodworkers?

Welcome to the forum! (only one Yank in my household, I married a local!)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome, I am glad you found us also. We have only a local focus, and try to be kinder than some other forums. I would love to see some pictures of your work. Reproduction furniture is some very fine work, and very exacting. What styles are you most interested in? Hope to see you around often.
Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome!

Glad that you have found us folks here in good old NC! Period furniture sounds really interesting. There is plenty of talent (and us newbies like myself) here to offer any support we can! Would love to see some pictures of your work. A future dedicated shop! Boy, you are doin' it right!!!!!:eusa_danc

Good luck with you future build and move.

Post often and enjoy these great great NC woodworkers!

Wayne

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
4yanks, again welcome to the site. I am glad you were able to join us. I would love to see some pics of your work. Do you make these reproduction pieces for yourself or for commission?

D L

4yanks

New User
Willie
I've only made them for myself (wife) so far. I would love to be able to do it professionally some day but I'm not sure there's a living in it. I will post some pictures if someone can tell me how to set up my gallery. I'm feeling kind of dumb here because I've been trying for like 20 minutes. The catagories offered for upload all belong to other people.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Go to the upper right hand corner to Other Links, and then Request Photo Album, and you wish will be our command. The check out the FAQs section for good tips on uploading and posting you pics. I look forward to seeing them.
Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
4yanks,

Glad you found us. We look forward to your input and please look around and enjoy the site :mrgreen:

Sapwood

sapwood

New User
Roger
4yanks said:
The pictures are up now.
I'll say :eusa_clap

That's great stuff Yank! Incredible diversity, but Shaker is my favorite. And the marking guage and spokehaves are awesome.

In fact, I'm heading back to the gallery for another look :mrgreen:

Thanks,
Sapwood

clowman

Clay Lowman
Glad you decided to join our merry band. I think you'll find a kinder gentler forum on this site. Enjoy it, make it your own.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, 4yanks. I'll look forward to hearing more about your furniture making and seeing your pics. You'll love this site -- good folks here and we love to share.

Rob

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Welcome to the site 4yanks-------sounds as if you have a lot to offer. Looking forward to seeing your input. BTW, I viewed your album and saw the great looking sackback windsors----did you, by any chance, take a workshop with Dunbar?

Jerry

Last edited:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Just finished a gander at you gallery, 4Yanks. Awesome work I must say! :eusa_clap Particularly liked the bookcase! You do some great work! Your family must be very thankful for your many talents. I would further say that there would be a strong market out there for such fine pieces! Downside is that I bet that people would not realize how much work work it takes for pieces like this and wouldn't want to write the check!:crybaby2:

Fantastic work and keep up the good work. Your experience I am sure will be of benefit to us all.

Thanks for the photo's!

Wayne

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Welcome. And the album is impressive! Might steal your marking guage design to build myself one (not a work of art like yours, but functional. I really like the blade installation design):-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS