Geodesic Crawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
OK, Gents. Did the GSC take place? :dontknow: Was it well attended? :icon_scra:icon_scraI hope someone took pics.

pt49er told me he was going, so we need proof!
:wsmile:

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Patience, we have many hundreds of pics to get loaded.

It was a wonderful day, stay tuned for more......

Jim

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
For those of you that missed it, some videos to capture the flavor of the day. Unfortunately, some of them did not record properly, so I only have the first and last shops on the crawl.

Scott's Smith lumber room
[YOUTUBE]yNQ5AQ3tpMc[/YOUTUBE]

Preparing a log....
[YOUTUBE]69BZEBqOQ2o[/YOUTUBE]

Wood happens!
[YOUTUBE]3r91qDvNYgw[/YOUTUBE]

How mulch is made
[YOUTUBE]BOO-MKRvrK0[/YOUTUBE]

BobbyG's shop
[YOUTUBE]UT8NtFgW-B8[/YOUTUBE]

Simple little desk (not even done yet...)
[YOUTUBE]3H61JORIS4A[/YOUTUBE]

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Looking through the pics I am sorry IU missed it. However, I am thrilled to see the crawls living on and thriving! I was out biking and runningyesterday, but I was with you in spirit. Man that was a LOT of pictures Bas.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
For those of you that missed it, some videos to capture the flavor of the day. Unfortunately, some of them did not record properly, so I only have the first and last shops on the crawl.

Scott's Smith lumber room

Preparing a log....

Wood happens!

How mulch is made

BobbyG's shop

Simple little desk (not even done yet...)
/QUOTE]

Sorry I missed the event Bas.

I am having troble viewing the videos here though??

All I get is a big blank box!:BangHead:

Are they and they be viewed over on YouTube?

Thanks

Wayne

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bas, the videos were great.:icon_thum:icon_thum The only thing I am concerned with is that you didn't know which side of the sawmill to stand on.:eek: Good thing you weren't at a dairy farm when they demonstrated the manure spreader! :gar-La;
Thanks, man!

richlife

New User
Rich
Bas, the videos were great.:icon_thum:icon_thum The only thing I am concerned with is that you didn't know which side of the sawmill to stand on.:eek: Good thing you weren't at a dairy farm when they demonstrated the manure spreader! :gar-La;
Thanks, man!

They were great indeed, Bas. I didn't even know you were taking them until I saw you walking around Bobby's place at the end of the day with the camera in front of your face!

Dennis, don't be too hard on poor Bas :mrgreen: -- not only was the camera in front of his face, but the wind was playing havoc with that dust stream. You had pretty much three choices: see everything from a distance, see some of it and fight the dust stream, or not see because of the equipment. Bas took the brave route. :eusa_clap:eusa_danc Rich

And btw, when you see that saw there is only one icon :tool:

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Man, I wish I had been able to make the whole day.

I had a complication that was going to make me leave shortly after lunch at Rob's, but then I had a flat on my trailer at Heath's. My fault - dry rot from not using the trailer in a while. So I missed lunch. :gar-Cr I also would have liked to tour Rich's and Bobby's shops. I had a great time none the less, though. Nice seeing so many folks!

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Andy,

I'll see you at Mike's on Saturday and we can set up a future visit to my shop.. but only if you agree to bring some of those interesting sounding (no pun intended) musical instruments that you make.

Bob

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Now that we got a fairly large number of pics up (more coming too), let me express my deepest gratitude to all the Shop Hosts and Rob's wife Susan.

What a wonderful day! So many shops, so many ideas and inspirations.

So much great food too!

Thanks to all those who attended. Your enthusiasm and involvement really make these crawls so worth while.

Also, big thanks to Rob. No only was the a Shop Host, he and Susan set out a lunch spread fit for 24 hungry Kings!

A special shout out to Susan for those Cheesecake Squares. Bravo!!

I have some evidence of Bas's photography skills in this unexpected candid shot:
gsc_crawl_richlife-004.jpg

View image in gallery

I'd like to thank a few folks specifically. Scott Smith for cooking us some delicious farm fresh eggs and sausage wraps for breakfast. Heath for sharing his old iron! Rob for all his efforts and Susan too! Rich for the tea and finger foods.

A crawl is not a crawl without the "Final Beer". That honor went to Bobby G. We thank him for continuing a most sacred of crawl tradition!

What a great day! I really enjoyed it. I'm still digesting all the food and ideas.

Thanks!
Jim

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Looks like it was a great time. Wish I would've been there rather than where I was, but ya gotta put food on the table. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up Thanks for sharing the story and the pics. :icon_thum

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
It was a really good time guys, thanks for letting me be involved.

Jim & Rob, you guys did a great job of organizing, the whole thing rolled along like it was pre-meditated or something...It was great to meet so many other members & put faces w/ names.

Rich, I love your shop - you do beautiful work.

Bobby...wow...you should charge admission. Thank you for opening your shop & your home. You have an amazing talent, and you're workmanship is absolutely awe inspiring.

I want to be Scott Smith when I grow up...

I had a blast guys, thanks again.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Just wanted to say thanks to Rob and Susan for the great lunch, and to Rob for organizing this event. It was great! This is why I joined NCWW: to meet and enjoy the company of other woodworkers and share in experiences just like this. Thanks to all of you for opening your shops. I spent today in my own shop thinking about all the great ideas I got yesterday, and how I can incorporate them into my shop.

Thanks again,

Bill Clemmons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors