Further descent into the dark side

Status
Not open for further replies.

navy1990

New User
Matt
After only having my lathe for 2 weeks, I have made 3 rosewood pencils, 3 rosewood pens, a bocote pen, and I have an ebony pen in process (man, that is some hard wood, but it is what my daughter asked for). I may have gotten myself into trouble. I spoke to the head deacon at my church and asked if I could make pens for all of the fathers in the church for Father's Day. My shipment of supplies should be here tomorrow (Wednesday) so I can get an early start on the project. I don't think my wife has any clue how much this "hobby" is going to cost. I can't wait to start turning all these pens for Father's Day. My next project may be to make some for the Wounded Warrior barracks here at Camp Lejeune. I will have to coordinate that with the people at the barracks. And, of course, I may enlist some help from here. More to come on that.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Matt, please keep us posted on the Wounded Warrior Project. I know for a fact you will get support from the good folks at NCWW.

For pen kits I highly recommend:
http://www.woodturningz.com/Pen_Kits.aspx

They are a reseller of most of the Penn State kits and they beat Penn State prices no matter what the quantity. They have great customer service and normally ship within 24 hours.

navy1990

New User
Matt
Scott,

Thanks for the heads-up about www.woodturningz.com. I will have to check them out tonight when I get home from work.

I will definitely keep everyone up to speed on the Wounded Warrior idea. I know that I will get more than enough support from everyone on here.

crokett

New User
David
I don't turn pens. I posted an offer for blanks to donate pens to charity. Nobody bit so I've already committed some to turners on another forum. However, if you PM me your address I will hold back a few and send them to you for Wounded Warrior. If you are willing to wait for the wood to dry I can send some green stuff also.

navy1990

New User
Matt
Glenn,

I definitely jumped in with both feet. And a shovel, a rake, and a wheelbarrow. SWMBO has yet to truly realize how expensive this "hobby" can be. But I love doing it and it keeps her out of my hair. I mean, it keeps me out of her hair.:gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS