Freud SBOX8 Box Joint Cutter Set $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Bas, I bought a set at the last big amazon sale on these. I know it came with a paper showing instructions on a shopmade jig for using it, but I lost the paper. Wonder if anyone sells a jig already made that can be used with this set?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Rockler has one, as does Woodcraft. Not cheap though. I made a simple one using a piece of plywood and two hardwood runners, and it works great. But, the aluminum ones are definitely nice.

R

rickc

I have this set, it makes terrific box joints on the table saw. Flat bottomed grooves, no splintering/ tear out. I also use it as a general purpose dado blade - not as versatile, but good enough for most tasks.

http://www.amazon.com/Freud-SBOX8-Cutter-4-Inch-grooves/dp/B000ASGV1E/

Go buy it. You know you want it. You know you gotta have it. Start the weekend off right! :gar-Bi

Oh boy - to echo a prior post: ENABLER!

However, I went to check it out. As long as I am in no hurry, which I am not, Amazon sells it for $59.95, and you can choose there free shipping option if you can wait another 10 days. I found out I still had some balance on a gift card and...my order became:

Items: $59.99 Shipping & Handling: $7.20 Super Saver Discount -$7.20
pixel-grey._V47081715_.gif
Total Before Tax: $59.99 Estimated Tax: $0.00 Total: $59.99 Gift Certificate/Card: -$21.35
transparent-pixel._V42752373_.gif
Order Total: $38.64
It will show up in about 6 weeks. Long enough for me to have forgotten about it, and think I got some great surprise! :gar-La; Guess that works out OK!

R

rickc

Bas, I bought a set at the last big amazon sale on these. I know it came with a paper showing instructions on a shopmade jig for using it, but I lost the paper. Wonder if anyone sells a jig already made that can be used with this set?

I was just going back over this and realized I had overlooked this. If you get Shopnotes, issue 62 has a set of plans. If you don't get that magazine, and are still looking for a set of plans, send me an email.

There is also a very basic setup to be found at Sawdust Making.

Rick

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Thanks everyone for the info! I'll download those instructions and get some use outa that set. I've heard nothing but excellant remarks about the quality of cut!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS