Freud glue line rip blade comments & questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Wanted to try this blade for a couple of reasons. First, the panel I am gluing is fairly large (long) and I thought it would be easier to do on the TS. Second, I am taking chunks out, even with new blades in the jointer and taking only a fuzz off each pass.

I would call my results mixed. Some of the joints were perfect. Where I had a slightly sprung joint with the jointer I still had the same result with the rip blade. Hope I am using the term "sprung" correctly. Boths ends of the boards are tight with a slight gap in the middle. I have also heard that some folks think this is not a bad thing.

Not sure if it is me, the wood or what. Anyone have any experience with this blade. Hopefully Charles M will see this and offer his sage advise.

Nativespec

New User
David
I can't seem to ever get it perfect either. I like to use a glue joint bit on the router table for my glue-ups.

David

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I have the glue line blades and am very happy with them.
One habit I have is to keep my eye on the edge/fence relationship. That will usually tell me if the board is reacting to the cut or that I'm not controlling the workpiece. If I am getting anything other than flush clearance, I will let the board rest overnight and try to square it up later.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I also have the Freud Glue line rip blade. I bought it to rip 1/4" pieces of 3/4 stock to use on face of my cubbies. I am using soft maple. I compared the Freud glue line, WWII, Freud LU 84-R, DeWalt 7657, and a Oldham 100-77. The Freud LU 84-R gave the best cuts, with the least burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors