Free sharpening workshop Jan 15, 2011 start 10 am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I did this several years ago for a select audience and was reminded of that fact recently.

I think it's time to offer this again for all interested.

Bring your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breath free. Wait that's a different class.

Bring your chisels, your plane irons, your dull metal yearning to pop hairs.

Post here if you want to learn or contribute (I'm not afraid to be corrected, but it doesn't happen often) and we'll decide when and where (my new home in Walnut Cove).

Donations to NCWW would be appreciated.

James Davis

New User
James Davis
Re: Free sharpening workshop

I would more than likely be there if you are going to show how to sharpen a draw knife.(Also need help with axes):rotflm: I think I can figure out how to sharpen the froe.:wsmile:

James

cptully

New User
Chris

Mike,

I would love to attend and will definitely make a contribution in your name in thanks for the mentoring... I have some of what I need to sharpen planes and chisels but not all of what I need (or want). I am especially lacking the confidence of having gotten one item properly sharp...:gar-Cr Let us know when and where!

Chris

cskipper

Cathy

I had a fortune to be part of the first class Mike taught. I learned a lot about sharpening the tools I was specifically interested, but also general info for other tools. In addition I had an enjoyable day and got to know some of our other wwers too! I highly recommend his class.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

Great offer Mike. I would like to attend.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member

I would love to attend, but 2 hours one way is a tiny bit too far for this old gal.:gar-Cr

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

Six is probably a good class size.

Keep posting if you're interested, I'm sure we'll keep doing this at least twice a year.

So, now what is a good day to work?

I'd like to start around 9am and go to 3 or 4 so distant folks can get home at a reasonable time.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member

I took the short version of Mikes class a few weeks ago. He knows sharpening!:icon_thum:icon_thum Thanks Mike.:gar-Bi

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member

Dang, that's what I get for signing off early last night and sleeping late this morning. :rotflm: Definitely count me in for the next class Mike. :eusa_danc

Bill

decibel

New User
Patrick

Dang day late dollar short again. I'd love to get in on the next one as I'm interested as well.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member

Just a thought Mike. If you want to accommodate a larger group and hold it in a more central location, I'll offer my shop. It may be a little easier to get to for folks from south and east of Greensboro. Let me know.

Bill

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

We may just do that Bill. Can you help bring all my sharpening tools down there AND RETURN THEM TO MY SHOP?

Cody

New User
Cody

Hey Bill, you can have Cody's spot. He can always catch the next one.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

I really want to have this first one at my home in Walnut Cove. Maybe very soon after that we can do one at Bill's place because I really want to see his shop.

So, back to the big question.

When?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

How does January 15 sound for the first workshop at Walnut Cove?

I think a Saturday is a must for me and I need to get past our moving.

Then we can look at one day in February for Bill's Shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS