Forstner Bits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Well,Thanx eveybody on the super responses.I have a Mibro set from Slowes many years ago and I'm really tired of the way they perform after the first time you use them.I believe I'm gonna look for the Freud set first and then pickup a few of the Colt's after watching that video,Thanx Jeremy.I use alot of the 2 1/4 and 2 3/4 drills for my chuck mounting recess on my bowls so I will go good on them.The freuds may be all I ever need but that delta set was cheap.They went back today.Thanx again and Tom, if your gonna park that toy box in my driveway let me know so I can have my wife shopping that day.Lunch will be served!
Greg

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Woodcraft has their 16 piece set on sale for $39.99 (50% off) right now. I have owned a cheap set for years. Each time used one of the bits, I recorded it's use. Didn't take me long to figure out that my 1/2, 5/8, and 3/4 got the most use. Then Woodcraft put the Columbians (set of seven) for ($9.99). Picked up a set or two of those to suppliment what I already had. I have a couple of carbide 35MM for hinge cups. Bought one at a flea market in Baton Rouge.

SGalley

New User
Scott W. Galley
Bought the Porter Cable set. I like them, but I've not experienced any other brand.

M

McRabbet

MLCS is running a special on all of their boxed sets with a free Bit Extender included and free shipping.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Hey Rob,
Thanx for the info,I was pretty much homed in on the Freud set till I saw that MLCS set,24 piece,1/4 up to 3" for $120 shipped.That I believe will be too hard to pass up.Even if they aren't the best,I get the big sizes that I was gonna have to order seperately with the freud set for $46 less than the 16 piece freud set is.Will let you know how they are.Anybody have any of the MLCS sets and have an opinion one way or another.Thanx,
Greg

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hey Rob,
Thanx for the info,I was pretty much homed in on the Freud set till I saw that MLCS set,24 piece,1/4 up to 3" for $120 shipped.That I believe will be too hard to pass up.Even if they aren't the best,I get the big sizes that I was gonna have to order seperately with the freud set for $46 less than the 16 piece freud set is.Will let you know how they are.Anybody have any of the MLCS sets and have an opinion one way or another.Thanx,
Greg

Greg.

Although I haven't tried their forstner bits, I use pretty much nothing but their router bits and have been very satisfied.:icon_thum:icon_thum Their free shipping and excellent customer service makes it a pleasure to order from them.

Wayne

ralphie9

New User
Brian
Woodcraft has their 16 piece set on sale for $39.99 (50% off) right now.

So has anyone used these? I need to get some tomorrow and was going to the local WC 'cuz these are still on sale...any thoughts? I reallly only need a 3/4" now so should I just get a Freud/Colt etc single bit or a WC/Rockler-type set?

M

McRabbet

I have the set that Bruce (junquecol) referenced and I got them during a half-price sale last year. They have held up very well and remain good and sharp. At $2.50 per bithoused in a decent box, they are a solid bargain with very good performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS