Folk School Vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

rherrell

New User
Rick Herrell
I'm thinking about spending a week in the NC mountains at the John C. Campbell Folk School. Jim Burrowes is having a class in turning fundamentals.
I figure it's a good way to get some hands on instruction and relax for a week in a beautiful setting.
Any thoughts? Has anybody ever been there?
Thanks,
Rick

brent innc

New User
Brent
Me personally, no, but every one that I know that has been there highly recommends going at least once. I did spend a week at Country Workshops 3 yrs. ago and if it compares, then yes, it is very much worth the time and money. I do not think you would regret going.:icon_thum

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
I'm thinking about spending a week in the NC mountains at the John C. Campbell Folk School. Jim Burrowes is having a class in turning fundamentals.
I figure it's a good way to get some hands on instruction and relax for a week in a beautiful setting.
Any thoughts? Has anybody ever been there?
Thanks,
Rick

Hello Rick--------I have been to JCCF numerous times. That is where I started making windsor chairs. I took that class 3 years straight. My wife took weaving classes there also. I also taught a tablemaking class there for about 6 or 7 times so I have been on both sides of the fence there.

It is a really good atmosphere there--------and that is an understatement!! In a period of 10 years, I never witnessed a negative incident there. Everyone is there doing something they like to do--the atmosphere is incredible.

They have a new woodturning studio now----it was under construction when I was there last year so I have not seen the completed facility.

I must warn you though---------going there can become habit forming:) .
Just don't lag if there is a class you want, they fill up quick.

I say----------GO FOR IT ----YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.:icon_thum

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS