Folding Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
This is a folding table I made from some salvaged red oak. I didn't come up with the design. I bought one like it near Lancaster PA from an Amish woodworker in the '90's and decided recently to make a copy of it. It works great when you have more guests over that you have places at the table to eat. It folds rather flat for storage and doesn't take much space.

DSC03517.JPG

DSC03518.JPG

DSC03519.JPG

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, that's cool. I was picturing the basic TV tray table set up, but that folding mechanism is really unique. I would like more info on how the table sections slide??

Dave:)

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Dolan that is a really great looking foldup table. I can't tell how it locks but it looks very solid. I like it!! :icon_thum

Chuck

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Wow, that's cool. I was picturing the basic TV tray table set up, but that folding mechanism is really unique. I would like more info on how the table sections slide??

Dave,

It is actually kind of simple but a little hard to descibe so I will take a few photos from the bottom side and post them tonight to see it that helps. As I said I didn't design it, just copied it. The Amish make some really nice furniture.

dozer

Mike
Great looking table Dolan, I may have to borrow that design myself. Once you post a few more pictures :lol:

DavidF

New User
David

They don't slide Dave; they just pivot away from each other. It's all done on the lower pivot point. We have had one for years along with some matching wooden chairs that do a similar thing. I'll have to post some pics because the chairs would be fairly easy to copy too.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Pictures PLEASE!! Now my interest is really perked :icon_scra

This shows the table upside down with the pivot points highlighted:

Copy_of_DSC03529.JPG

This shows the table upside down and spread out some:

DSC03530.JPG

This show a metal spacer at the pivot points that mades it pivot easy.

DSC03531.JPG

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
This is the spacer I used at the pivot points. I used a #8 square drive wood screw recessed in the wood at all pivot points to hold the two sections of wood together.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yep, a picture is worth a 1000 words. That makes perfect sense. I like it, might have to steal it :-D :-D

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
If anyone wants the deminsions, I'll be glad to get them. My copy is just slighty smaller that the original. I made it fit the RO I had laying around.

Eric Laudenbacher

New User
Eric Laudenbacher
Dolan, your timing is impeccable. I was just wondering where I could find plans for one of these tables. I need one as a scorers table for 19th century base ball. If you could get me the dimensions I would really appreciate it.:eusa_clap

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Eric, here are the dems of the parts:

All parts are made with 3/4" material

A - 15 3/4 x 23 3/4 (Total dem of the two halves of the top)
B - 2 3/4 x 17 1/2 (need two of these)
C - 1 1/4 x 27 (need 4 of these)
D - 1 1/4 x 12 1/4 (need 4 of these)
E - 3/4 x 10 1/4 (dowel)

Hope this helps

Parts_of_DSC03529.JPG

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Thanks Splinter :icon_thum I will have to keep this in mind for some folding tables the LOML would like :eusa_clap

sawman

New User
Albert
Thanks Dolan, the daughter may end up with two of these for her birthday.

Later,
Albert :thumbsup:

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
Eric, here are the dems of the parts:

All parts are made with 3/4" material

A - 15 3/4 x 23 3/4 (Total dem of the two halves of the top)
B - 2 3/4 x 17 1/2 (need two of these)
C - 1 1/4 x 27 (need 4 of these)
D - 1 1/4 x 12 1/4 (need 4 of these)
E - 3/4 x 10 1/4 (dowel)

Hope this helps

A cut list, a cut list !!!!!

:icon_thum :icon_thum :icon_thum

Three thumbs up.

Free plans by NCWWers rule !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor