Folding a bandsaw blade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty Sawyer

New User
David
This is really good. I have several blades hanging in my shop and often run into them and loose a bit of skin or knock them off the hanger. My old hide is tough enough, but someone visiting might take exception to the experience.

Having them folded will keep them up higher and help idiot proof my shop.

David

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
This is really good. I have several blades hanging in my shop and often run into them and loose a bit of skin or knock them off the hanger. My old hide is tough enough, but someone visiting might take exception to the experience.

Having them folded will keep them up higher and help idiot proof my shop.

David
If I idiot proofed my shop, where would I work- outside?

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Don't forget there is another great reference out there, too...and it is from one of our own. Tom Hintz, who is a member of NCWoodworker.net runs a website with reviews/tips/tricks/etc. He is also recently published by Fox Hill, I believe.... If you are not familiar with NewWoodworker.com, you should check it out...

Also...here is his video of the same concept :0) Coiling A Bandsaw Blade - NewWoodworker.com LLC

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Now, the Debbie Downer side to folding your bandsaw blades :lol::lol::lol:

You must unfold them before you can use them-

OUCH!!!!!!
IHWTH

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

J

jeff...

Now, the Debbie Downer side to folding your bandsaw blades :lol::lol::lol:

You must unfold them before you can use them-

OUCH!!!!!!
IHWTH

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

I'm with you Alan, the biger ones can be like coiled up rattle snakes, lay it on the grund pick up one coil and pray to God you don't become hamburger meat when it springs open.

Grgramps

New User
Roy Hatch
Uncoiling is easy if you take the blade outside and toss it on the lawn. It will spring open all by itself and your hands are no where near the "event". If you are lacking grass, it works on leaves that you didn't rake. Can't remember where I read about this, but it works.
Roy

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
wondering why bother folding in the first place.... wouldn't that invite self-injury??? Having a relationship with 'stupid' recently myself, I try to avoid such when possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS