Flag & awards case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Yesterday my last remaining daughter at State sent me an email asking how much it cost to make this. No problem; I've got enough scrap walnut.
Here's mine:

Flag_case_001.JPG

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice job Joe. I'm sure your daughter will appreciate it more since you made it instead of her buying it...
Take care,

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
WOW Joe!!!:wsmile::wsmile::wsmile:

Man that is really nice! Love the design and I am sure that she will certainly be appreciative. You actually may start seeing orders for more from her friends!:icon_thum

You sure have a way with working fast!!!! :notworthy:(Says poky old me.:roll:)

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yesterday my last remaining daughter at State sent me an email asking how much it cost to make this. No problem; I've got enough scrap walnut.
Here's mine:

Flag_case_001.JPG

So what did you charge her??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

That looks great, and I bet it's better built than the store bought one :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
How did you attache the front of the flag case?

Thanks for the link! I have to build one for a friend that has the flag and medals in one case. Wasn't sure what it should look like, but now I do!!

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Travis, I used pocket screws (and glue) in the edges of the stiles of the rectangluar part. The triangular part was glued up. Covered the front with glued face frame (1/4") as a glass stop. The back has 1/4" hardboard screwed in. The glass is held in with a thin bead of silicone adhevsive. The top part is just glued to the lower half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors