First Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolman

New User
Chad
I had to try out my lathe I have had it for 6 months. I did not know if turning would be for me, so I pickup a cheep lathe off of eBay. I meet Eric Laudenbacher and Dozer (Mike Romano) at the Woodworkers expo. Eric had some of his pens and looked very good. :icon_thum So here is my first! I used Japanese Pagoda blank and a hut-516 pen kit, After turning and sanding I used Mylands Polish.. I make pullouts for cabinets and butcher blocks and now PENS :lol:

Attachments

• Pen 1-1.jpg
    Pen 1-1.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 138
  • Pen 1-2.jpg
    Pen 1-2.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 140
J

jeff...

I had to try out my lathe I have had it for 6 months. I did not know if turning would be for me, so I pickup a cheep lathe off of eBay. I meet Eric Laudenbacher and Dozer (Mike Romano) at the Woodworkers expo. Eric had some of his pens and looked very good. :icon_thum So here is my first! I used Japanese Pagoda blank and a hut-516 pen kit, After turning and sanding I used Mylands Polish.. I make pullouts for cabinets and butcher blocks and now PENS :lol:

Wow much better than my first - I couldn't even finish it myself. Got close to the tube and said NICK will you please finish it?

Great job :icon_thum

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Awesome work for your first pen. Much better than mine. I like the wood, I don't believe I have ever seen that used before. Ain't pen turning fun, you will be looking at scrap wood in a whole different light now.
Dave:)

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Your off to a great start,watch out it is a slippery slope and you have taken your first step!

jimwill48

James
As a newbe penturrner myself also, good job, I like the wood.

As others has said its a slippery slope, first 1 pen, then lets try a Euro, then a Cigar wait I bet FP's would be fun. All of a sudden you have turned dozens. But its all great fun!

JW

Eric Laudenbacher

New User
Eric Laudenbacher
I guess i,ve become a pen turning pimp:roll: . I have to quit getting others to turn:BangHead: . Oh by the way GREAT JOB:icon_thum . Do I get credit as being your mentor?:eusa_danc Just kidding:lol:

JRD

New User
Jim
That 60's group The Byrds, had it right....."to everything, Turn, Turn, Turn".

Welcome to the addiction.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS