First Pen with Multiple Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
I was inspired by some of the pens I've seen and figured I can do that. So off to the garage shop I went. Found a few pieces of wood and started up the saws... dust collection....put on the respirator and then I got to start working. It's always the enjoyable things that will kill ya'.
cool.gif

So anyway, this is my version a maple and cocobolo wood on a Mesa/ Wall Street II kit. The finish is CA sanded with micro mesh and final polish with Novus 2. This was fun and I'm working on a similar design for a cigar pen.

Thanks for looking and providing feedback.

Elmojo

New User
Mike
Oh man, that came out NICE.
The contrast is beautiful and the finish appears flawless.
Excellent work, keep it up! :icon_cheers

Glennbear

Glenn
Beautiful results for a first attempt. :icon_thum You have raised the bar for us novice turners.:wsmile:

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
Excellent looking pen. The CA finish is my go to finish for most of my turnings.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
That looks really nice! CA is a tops for a finish on pens in my book--good work.:thumbs_up

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Good work, especially for a first.
Different color woods can have a tendency to stain with dust or bleeding via finish.
Sometimes its a good idea to do some sample pieces (glue and finish) even for a little pen project (yeah, of course I found out the hard way)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS