First Annual NCWW Pin-Up Calandar Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Yes, it is time for another contest.:eusa_danc Each month of the calendar will be illustrated by the woodworking talents of one of our members. So there will be 12 winners.

In part, this is both a woodworking AND a photography contest. A beautiful piece of work(s) will not be used if the picture itself is not of reasonable quality. This means that each submittal must have reasonable quality in the following areas:
  • Focus:lol:
  • Composition
  • Lighting
For those of you that don't have a digital camera:slap: or don't have skills in this department or need help in any meeting the photography requirements of the contest, you may get help from anyone that you wish in this area. Only the woodworking must be yours.

You may ask for help with all photography requirements in the temporary forum "Photography for Contest"

Submittal Rquirements:
  • All pictures must be uploaded to the 2007 Calendar Contest Entries category in our Photo Gallery.
  • Each Photo MUST BE 1800 pixels high and no more than 2300 px wide or 11.5in by 9in at 200DPI (They really mean the same thing) Be aware when published that pictures will be cropped to 2200 x 1700.
  • You may use a collage format of several views of your project or several projects as long as the size of the submittal is no larger than 2300 x 1800
  • Each member will be allowed as many entries as desired.
  • All entries must be submitted by 9:00 AM 11/7/2006.
Deadline: 9:00 AM 11/7/2006
Voting Begins: 9:01 AM 11/8/2006

Prizes: Not yet sure:lol: But in addition, highest vote getter, gets choice of one of 12 prizes and first choice of which month is theirs, and so on.

Last edited:

Monty

New User
Monty
Great idea for a contest... it'll be interesting to see all the great projects in one place!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I've loosened the size requirements a bit to allow for "portrait " mode Photographs. See the first post in this thread.

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
So am I reading this correctly, pictures have to be (less than 2300) x (1800 exactly) :5dunce: :5dunce: :5dunce:

Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Ok, everyone this contest has only 8 entries with only 4 people. Can't even fill the calendar with that, let alone make the contest interesting:slap: :BangHead:
So let's get some entries in. Remeber, you can get help with the photography. Right now there are many pictures in your albums, that I could download, cleanup in Photoshop and get them ready for entry.

I know there are others on this site that could help also. Go to this thread and ask for the help. That's why the thread is there.

Also, I am extending the deadline about a week.:shocked7fl: See first post in thread

cskipper

Cathy
In a week??? :lol: Time flies when you're having fun. Come on folks (yeah, me too) it really is almost Nov!

T

toolferone

I am working on my entry, I can't seem to find the photo I am looking for yet.

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Well, Steve, I resubmitted my entry. I fiddled around with it and read and reread my photo editing software and finally figured out how to change my picture size. Miracles do happen....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors