Finshed Shaker Table after 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis

New User
Travis
When I first got into woodworking two years ago I took a class from John (Woodguy 1975). This was the first thing I ever did and I finally completed it. I used General Finshes Seal-A-Cell Clear and Arm-R-Seal Oil & Ureathane Topcoat in Satin. I put on four coats of topcoat and was wondering if it would be safe/advisable to wax with a product like Briwax?

Here are the pics....
Walnut_table_002.jpg

Walnut_table_012.jpg

Walnut_table_062.jpg

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Travis,
Looks great! I'm not sure you would need wax on top of Arm-R-Seal unless you want more gloss. It's pretty bullet proof. Leave a few coasters around if it's going to be in an area where a thoughtless person might put a cold drink on it.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very classy table!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc I sure do like shaker styling. Beauty in simplicity, just the way I like it!

Nice work!

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Beautiful table and a classic design. I always finish all pieces with a good waxing. It really makes the piece feel good, offers a little, very little, more protection, and is just my routine. Right or wrong I like it.

Dave:)

Great looking table Travis, love the dovetails in the drawer. Can't get enough of the shaker style, clean lines, terriffic work.

Last edited by a moderator:

DavidF

New User
David
Great looking table Travis. I normally go over my stuff with one coat of paste wax applied with 0000 wirewool to give that super smooth feel that people look for when they reach out and stroke it! however good the craftsmanship, it's the "feel" that people go for and if it's even slightly rough they seem to assume the rest of it is $%&!

I leave the top coat a good week before waxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors