Finished another table

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
While at Lazy Daze last month we were approached by the SPCA to donate an item for their annual Fur Ball gala/auction. We agreed to donate something and after discussing it for a bit decided to create something specifically for them instead of just giving them an item already on hand. So after many late nights and much head scratching on my part here's what we ended up with.

A Cat Vs. Dog checker table, top is 20"x30" and base is 20"x20" both are 3/4 BB. The pedestal is a 6.5" diameter Maple log (thanks again to FredP for cutting it for me :thumbs_up)that I salvaged from a logging deck at my parents farm and the feet are from a 4.5" diameter Maple log obtained there as well. The apron, top and base edges are all 13/16" Poplar. LOML did all the artwork/burning and shading on the animals, I got to do the "easy" solid color/stain sections and the design was something I kinda made up as we went along. In fact the edging was an afterthought when I noticed that I could get a couple of 1/2 strips out of the Poplar offcuts from the apron and decided to add them for a more "finished" but yet still rustic look.

Bonus was that I managed to get it level on the first try and no shimming!! :eusa_danc

On to the pics.

FurBall08001.JPG

FurBall08006.JPG

FurBall08005.JPG

FurBall08003.JPG

FurBall08007.JPG

And last but not least, the Pieces:
FurBall08002.JPG

Thanks for looking.
Brian.

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
While at Lazy Daze last month we were approached by the SPCA to donate an item for their annual Fur Ball gala/auction. We agreed to donate something
Brian.

That's really sweet!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap And a heck of a good cause to make it for. It should do very well at the auction...it's perfet for animal lovers :icon_thum

Dave:)

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Brian great design and a great gesture on your part. There is nothing more rewarding then using your God given skills to help others. :thumbs_up

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
What a great gesture!!!!:wsmile::wsmile::wsmile:

(Might warrant a patent. Never seen anything quite like it and I sure that it would probably sell well to animal lovers.)

Very well done and I am sure that it will be very much appreciated.:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Wayne

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Thanks for all the comments everyone. We're suckers for animals, especially LOML, so we saw it as a good opportunity to try to help out some and maybe drum up some business at the same time, a win-win for everyone. So we're hoping that some generous donor will "adopt" the table for a large enough amount to benefit the SPCA.

Our biggest fear now is that no one will bid on it and I'll end up picking it up after the auction:BangHead:, but seeing as how it's for charity hopefully that won't happen.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors