Fine Woodworking Finishing mag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Flew back from DC last evening. I was waiting the the terminal at Reagan National and wandered into one of the book / magazine stores there. I happened to find what I think is a new offering from Fine Woodworking called "finishing & refinishing furniture." I read almost the whole thing before I landed in Raleigh. It's loaded with great advice. It has articles on appropriate supplies, surface prep, different kinds of finish and even womething on paint. I think this is one I'll keep in the shop for reference. It's terrific.

Ray

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Ray, do you know if it will be a monthly type publication or it just a special edition? Sounds like a great resource. Thanks for sharing.

D L

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I assume this issue was a one time deal. the complete title is "The Best Of Fine WoodWorking finishing & refinishing furniture"

I've read the paint article before. So this is a compilation of past articles.

Ray

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
You might consider ordering the magazine from the website if you can't find it, but it's probably cheaper (no mailing charge) from the news stand. The label on (near the bar code) says that this thing should be displayed until Sept 2006. Hopefully it won't be too difficult to track down (it's worth tracking down IMHO).

Ray

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
I just got on the web site at www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/store/pages/017004.asp and ordered the publication Finishing & Refinishing Furniture for a cost of $8.99 plus $3.50 S/H for a total of $12.49. Thanks Ray for the information.It looks like this is articles that have been printed in recent issues of Fine Woodworking Magazines. NOTE: Fine Woodworking's Finishing & Refinishing Furniture is a special issue and not part of a Fine Woodworking Magazine subscription according to the information posted at this site. Thanks again Ray for the good information! Terry:icon_thum

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
that wouldn't be fair, as I am still using your books. And I seem to recall a friendly neighbor giving me the blade???
Probably two-three weeks away from tackling the garage wiring project. I have a break between classes, during which I hope to get a couple projects done.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
NCpete,
Too late, I had the wife pick up a couple copies on her way home,(man she's cool) You will have to tell that friendly person for letting me use it,,im almost done with your panel saw so you can have the blade and we can put up the panel saw. Also,,I just found out my neighbor is a Certifed electritian,,and he will do wiring for barter,,he said his wife LOVES hand crafted furniture,,so between me and you making stuff we can get him there to your house for sure, I will talk to him next time he comes over, he is wiring up my welder,,can we say mobile bases? and outfeed support for the woodmaster? yaaaa buddy

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
the only prob,,,I forgot to take them out of her car this morrning,,:slap: , so I can come over tonight and drop it off, my bad, my bad

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
If you want to come up today, the trailer should be there, and we can load pallets onto it for you! Maybe SteveD's slatwall, too!

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I think my SM will have his trailer there by 9-9:30 (he wants to go look at a new motor bike!) If I can leave here early enough today, I need to rebuild the part of the trailer that I broke the other day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS