Finally posted pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobyJ

New User
SJ
Well, I finally got a chance to post 2 pics of some scrolling work. Maybe it won't take so long next time.

M

McRabbet

Great pictures of your scrollwork -- I really like the gunrack you did for your husband -- (but then you might expect that guys would say that), but the one of your Granny is truly astounding -- it is such a good job it is almost a photo. It is hard to believe that it is cut from a single piece of wood.

BTW -- Thought I'd make it a little easier for folks to see your beautiful work -- you can click on the thumbnails for full sized pictures!

Rob

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Heck, I think both of them are awesome. I don't have the patience to do anything that detailed. Great job:eusa_clap

Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Wow........very nice work indeed.:eusa_clap It is amazing how well those portraits can turn out.

D L

sapwood

New User
Roger
ScoobyJ, the pixs demonstrate talent and patience. Most folks have a picture of their grandmother, but few have art :cool:

Sapwood

cskipper

Cathy
I somehow missed this post. Your work is awesome! I haven't tried portraits. Great job :icon_thum

Dullblade

New User
Roger Hunter
OK, Dumb Question....

What typr blade is used on the scroll saw for work thadetailed? I have a few really thin fine tooth blades but I still cant seem to turn sharp enough to get details like these. I also aquired some spiral typ blades that look twisted and are more like a wire but I donget much cutting out of these either.... What would spiral blades be used for?:eusa_thin

cskipper

Cathy
Spiral blades cut in every direction so they are good for tight places or hard to reach places. They are also VERY difficult to control because they really cut anything they touch. I haven't tried using them since I first started - maybe it wouldn't be so bad now.

Vanilla Gorilla

New User
Marco Principio
wow, you can hardly even tell that the portrait is out of wood! It looks like a photograph. How do you get a pattern for something like that? Do you draw them yourself?

scoobyJ

New User
SJ
Thank you for all the feedback.

That portrait was cut on 1/8 oak, with a couple of coats of danish oil.

The only blades I use for portraits are spiral blades. It takes a little practice to get used to not turning your work as you are cutting but it makes cutting portraits so much easier.

As for the pattern, I make most of my own. My most used tools for portraits are my graphics tablet and Photoshop. I've got lots of patterns, just need lots of time. :eusa_pray And I need my shop finished. Jeeeez....I must be a needy person. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS