Finally done with 1st project

Status
Not open for further replies.

thsb

New User
Tim
I finally finished the 2 side tables and coffee table i was working on. They have quarter sawn oak tops and walnut legs and aprons. I didn't account much for movement with the side tables and we'll see if that creates any problems in the long run. The coffee table I followed a suggestion that I got from here using the domino but not using glue. This should allow some side to side movement.

I was going to round the edges of the top but we have kind of a modern house with clean lines and my wife liked the straight edges.

I came up with the design for these as a I worked which had it's benefits and drawbacks.

thanks for all the help and advice from folks. Next project is dining table, which will require more upfront planning.
grace_recital_and_furniture_pics_007.JPG

View image in gallery

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Nice clean lines and excellent execution.

They sure look nice in that space.

Well Done! :icon_cheers

Wayne

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Wow, that came out great. I love the combination of QSWO and walnut. I know maple and walnut is more traditional, but the oak just gives it a little extra. The top and shelf of the coffee table are perfectly proportioned. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

thsb

New User
Tim
Dining table. probably around 80 *40. A little intimidating because of the size but will give it a shot.

Cato

New User
Bob
Nice job especially for your first project!!

Clean lines and nice tapered legs. The tables blend well in their surroundings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS