February Projects Finally Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Early this month, LOML asked me to replace a 1970's mirror frame in the the master bath.

Well. After a brief conversation with Joe (Scharle) and a lamination of some 4/4 poplar off I went to Joe's SHOP!!:icon_thum

Using Joe's really cool :cool: cove cutting jig on his TS, multiple beading bit, chamfer bit, a roundover and a rabbeting bit here is what we ended up with.

Closeup of the profile...

I also had a chance to see his new shop built horizontal RT in action!!! Sweet!!!:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

Got the mirror hung today and LOML is happy!:icon_cheers (BUT. Now she wants me to get started on the wallpaper replacement.:BangHead::BangHead:)

Next on my to-do list was a night table for another one of daughters. I sorted through some of the red oak that I got from Jeff and Scott and her is what I came up with.

All of the aprons, stretchers and shelf slats are joined using 3/8" and 1/4" dowels. For the finish, I used Minwax Golden Pecan stain (a very, very light wipeoff coat) and three coats of wipe-on satin poly.

It seems that tables are about all I have been building for the last six months. Still have a hall table to build for my oldest daughter. (But/ I guess I had better get on the stick with the paint and wallpaper 1st for the LOML first. I don't have any sleepin' quarters out in the [strike]garage [/strike]shop:gar-Cr)

Thanks for lookin'!

Wayne

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Those look great Wayne! :icon_thum A visit to "Jiggy Joe's" and a nice table for your daughter. You got more done this month than I have all year! :eusa_doh: Excellent work and good luck with the wallpaper. :no: Maybe you could go buy a small bed and put it in the shop and just keep cranking out tables. :widea: :yes:

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Looks like you did a great job on the frame and the table, Wayne. :eusa_danc
Better get busy on that wallpaper so you can keep LOYL happy:wink_smil. You may "need" to buy another tool before long...:icon_thum

sapwood

New User
Roger
Great looking table, Wayne!
Apparently the more you build the better you get :icon_thum

Roger

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Looks great Wayne, both the mirror and table came out real nice. How did you attach the mirror to the frame, and why didn't you take 18 pictures along the way :)

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I gotta get going on my tables.....

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Wayne, I'm not, normally, a fan of oak but that is a really nice looking table. Also excellent craftsmanship. :thumbs_up

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
How did you attach the mirror to the frame, and why didn't you take 18 pictures along the way :)

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I gotta get going on my tables.....

Bas,

Don't have a picture:embaresse but, there is a 3/8" x 3/8" rabbet cut into the back of the frame (the mirror is 1/4" thick) to accept the mirror. I borrowed a pair of framer pliers from Joe and started my hunt all over Cary trying to find framing points.

The last place I checked was the Framing Warehouse on Kildaire Farm Rd near Trader Joes. They couldn't sell me the nails either but said bring it into us.

We went over there this AM with the mirror and frame and within literally five minutes the mirror was firmly in place. How much??? The nice young lady said "Free of charge. Come back and see us real soon"!!!!

Eighteen pictures of the process!!!!!!:rolf:

You know that us young whipper snappers can't keep up with Joe:nah:; let alone stop him and take pictures.:wink_smil We really had a pretty good assembly line going, feeding stock across the tablesaw cove cutting jig and the router table.

(One last detail. We used two pocket screws in each corner to draw in the mitre. Worked great and nice and strong!)

Wayne

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Hey Wayne, that is a real good Feb. todo list, accomplishments.
Wow that seemed like allot to say in one sentence.:eusa_thin

I like the molding for the mirror:icon_thum, and the dovetails on those drawers sure look good:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum.

Great to see that you are creating sawdust.
Keep Joe occupied for me will ya?:eek:ccasion1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS