Father's Day gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
My Father's Day gifts came early today. I new that my wife was going to get me the on sale WWII thin kerf blade because she knew I wanted one and couldn't pass up a bargain. But the other stuff was a complete surprise..I didn't know my 2 year old had that much money :lol: :lol: She got me a sharpening set for my hollow chisel mortiser and a anti-fatigue mat for in front of my assembly table :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

Fathersdaygloat002.jpg

I can't wait to put everything to the test tomorrow in the shop, especially the WWII. I am curious to find out how it cuts compared to my Freud combo blade that I've been using for the last several years.
Dave:)

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Nice haul Dad.

Let me know how the chisel sharpener works. Been looking at one but haven't made the plunge.

Mike

DaveO

New User
DaveO
The sharpening set was reviewed with high remarks on Ton Hintz site. He was pleasantly surprised at how well it tuned up his chisels. I am hoping for the same reaction.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Wow, you really suck!

LOML won't let me open anything even though I know what she got me, or at least I think I do!

Dave, I'd also like to know what you think about the sharpener. Funny how you don't realize how dull something is until you sharpen it. :lol: Are you using the stock chisels that came with the mortiser (I am)?

The mat sounds like a great idea.

Chuck

DaveO

New User
DaveO
cpowell said:
Are you using the stock chisels that came with the mortiser (I am)?

Chuck

Yes, I am still using the stock chisels that came with my Delta mortiser. I have read that they aren't top quality and after cutting 48 mortises in QSWO my 3/8" chisel is starting to dull quickly. I will post my review as soon as I get a chance to tune it up some,

Bryan S

Bryan
Nice haul.
I almost jumped on that blade deal myself. Let us know how it cuts, I,ve been using that same Freud blade and I understand lots of people are raving about that WWII.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
clowman said:
Nice score ! Is that the amazon deal blade? Where's mine!

It is the Amazon deal. My wife got 2 day mail on it...a free deal if you sign up for some service which she plans on cancelling in a few days.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Nice haul Dave. I think you will really like that new WWII. I have been using the same blade for years now and just recently had to return it for sharpening. It cuts good as new now. I bet you will enjoy using that anti-fatigue mat also. I have about six of them positioned all around the shop. My back is quick to let me know when I haven't been standing on one.

D L

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice haul and well deserved I'm sure ;-)

I'm curious about the sharpening set. I bought the same one a couple of weeks ago when I stopped at the Rockler store because . . . uh, it look interesting and the salesman talked me into it :lol: And I haven't even unpacked the Delta Mortiser, much less the honing set :BangHead:

Hope you and all of the other poppas' have lots of gloats to post this weekend :mrgreen:

Sapwood

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Dave,

Nice score. Of course, you have to show us some pics of whatever you build first first with the new toys.

Happy father's day

Ray

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks Ray!! I put the WWII on the TS today, and I am amazed at the sharpness of this blade. It ran through 1" Oak like it was melting butter, and left an edge that need no jointing. I am sold on the WWII, all the hype is very true. I normally just hold the blade in my hand while releasing the arbor nut ( I've got pretty tough hands), but the new WWII wanted to cut me..I've been humbled.
While they are still on sale I would highly recommend getting yourself one.. the sale won't last forever.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Gee... and Nancy was just saying that she didn't know what to get me for fathers's day... (maybe if I printed out this thread...)

There's a woodworker just a few houses up the steet who got one of these blades. I was walking past his house and he called me into his shop / garage. He wanted to have me feel the wood after a cut... it was smooth as silk.

Ray

T

toolferone

Nice haul Dave!

I received a gift card from a tool store as well.....Williams-Sonoma. I bought a digital temp gauge with probe (hehe I said probe), also bought a nice 13x9x2 pan. And yes I am excited about these items!!

Happy daddy to day to all the dads out there. It is VERY cool being part of that club.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Tom,

I agree... this is a way kewl club.

By-the-by... what kind of stuff do you cook? When I actually get into the kitchen, I like to make cookies or bread. W-S store is great... second only to a woodworking store.

Ray

T

toolferone

Ray Martin said:
Tom,

I agree... this is a way kewl club.

By-the-by... what kind of stuff do you cook?
Ray

Being Italian, I do my far share of red sauce based items, 2 nights ago was eggplant parmesan. I used to do a lot of bread baking, but who has that kind of time now-a-days. I am the primary cook in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS