Father's Day gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
toolferone said:
Being Italian, I do my far share of red sauce based items, 2 nights ago was eggplant parmesan. I used to do a lot of bread baking, but who has that kind of time now-a-days. I am the primary cook in the house.

Help me! I LOVE eggplant parm, but can't cook it to save my life. Got any good tips / tricks / secrets (shh!) / recipes?? Thanks!!!

T

toolferone

Matt said:
Help me! I LOVE eggplant parm, but can't cook it to save my life. Got any good tips / tricks / secrets (shh!) / recipes?? Thanks!!!

I peel the eggplant and slice to 5/15' thick. The frying pan has about 1/4" olive oil in it. 1st bowl has eggs in it (mixed well) The second bowl has 2 parts Italian bread crumbs and 1 part Matzo meal (in lew of that break up several matzos and pulverize them in the) blender) add salt and pepper to the crumbs. Get the oil hot, dip the eggplant in to the eggs coating both sides, dip in the dry mix coating both sides ( I use a flat bottom pan to cover the eggplant with the dry mix) Place in the hot oil. Cook about 2.5 minutes on each side. Place eggplant on either brown paper bag or cheap paper plates to drain. Move the E/P to clean paper if it gets soaked in oil. You do not want it sitting in oil.

If you are doing a large batch the oil in th pan starts getting dirty and th E/P starts getting dark, you need to start over with fresh oil in a clean pan.

I make up a smooth batch of red sauce. In a baking pan, put a small layer of sauce in the bottom, then a layer of E/P, a thin layer of sauce, then a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of grated parmesean, Repeat the layers ending up with a top layer of cheese. Bake at 350 till hot.

ozzymanii

New User
Update your profile with your name
I'm jealous. All I got was a couple of 36" irvin clamps.

Of course every other clamp I own is 18" so this is quite a step up.

Good score..

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS