Entertainment center Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
I think I'm closing in on the short rows. Last week I mitered and mounted the base this week I cut and assembled the drawer and got the drawer mounted today. The drawer is going to have a false front and I decided to do a overlay instead of a flush mount drawer (at the suggestion of the LOML). I would have liked to have gotten the false front mounted but was getting a bit tired and thought better wait till another day to mill the profile and rabbit the drawer front.

The case is cherry ply with some birch ply in areas that will not be seen. Everthing else is cherry, the shelves will be solid cherry along with the top. Construction wise those glueups are all thats left to do. Not to bad considering I started this in March. I have decided to go with adjustable shelf pins and have a jig made to do this, some of you sugested that I do that instead of buying one and managed to come up with a design to keep hole distance consistant.

Drawer_installed_002_e_.jpg

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Keep us posted on the progress. I can't wait to see the finished project. I'm sure it will be beautiful.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bryan, looks like a great start. :eusa_clap Did you draw up your own plans? I can't wait to see the finished project.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Tracy take a look at this thread and it will give you an idea of how the project started as well a a few other threads on my muck ups. I said in that thread if covering your mistakes is a sign of a good woodworker then I must be a master now :rolleyes:.

I based it loosely on these plans from Woodsmith. I do not have the room to build it the same size as the one in those plans 65 inches wide with doors on each side so its a shorter version 38 inches without the 2 side compartments along with some modifications to suit my taste. The plans are a contemparary design and I like a more traditional look going with a wider base with a 1/4 inch roundover profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors