enlarging carving patterns

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodjoiner

New User
richard
i recently purchased a woodcarving book that had several patterns to be used in making different carvings, but they all have to be enlarged by certain percentages- 200%, 50% etc. i cannot figure out how to enlarge them on my computer. i can scan them to my computer, but then i cant enlarge the images to a certain % because the image is full size when transferred to the computer. my printer will copy, but it doesnt give me an option of enlarging the copy to any % . my computer runs off of vista. maybe someone has some helpful advice on this subject. it would greatly be appreciated. thanks!

nelsone

New User
Ed
I use a copier. If you don't have one available, Kinkos or a place like that will be able to help you out.

What kind of carving are you working on?

Welcome to NCWW! Please post a bit about yourself in "Who We Are". We'd love to know about you and the type of work you do!

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.4) Gecko/20091016 Firefox/3.5.4 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Dudelive

New User
Dude
One way would be to open the pictures in an editing program such as photoshop and adjust the size according to your needs.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
i recently purchased a woodcarving book that had several patterns to be used in making different carvings, but they all have to be enlarged by certain percentages- 200%, 50% etc. i cannot figure out how to enlarge them on my computer. i can scan them to my computer, but then i cant enlarge the images to a certain % because the image is full size when transferred to the computer. my printer will copy, but it doesnt give me an option of enlarging the copy to any % . my computer runs off of vista. maybe someone has some helpful advice on this subject. it would greatly be appreciated. thanks!

Hi Richard,

Welcome to NCWW from another Chocowinity'er.

Enlarging your patterns shouldn't be a problem, but printing them out might be. How big will these patterns be? I have a wide carriage printer that can print up to about 18" wide by 44" long. We must live close to each other because Chocowinity just isn't that big. I'd be glad to help you figure it out. Send me a PM and maybe we can get together and do it.

Ernie

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.15) Gecko/2009101601 Firefox/3.0.15 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Richard,

I go low tech and use a pencil and a clear T ruler. I am not that much of an artist, but if I lay out a grid on the pattern and the blank and then go square by square, it's not that difficult. I do need the board surfaced decently as I use both ends of the pencil a lot. :)

EDIT - Technically speaking, the ruler doesn't have to be clear nor does it have to be a T to make grid lines. But I find one to be far more convenient and quicker/easier.

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Richard, I moved this thread to the woodcarving forum. Hopefully it'll get more views here. The help desk is more for site functionality questions and issues.

Thanks for joining NCWW. I look forward to seeing you around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS