Elevated Dog Bowl Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggE98

New User
Eric
Several weeks ago I started a project for a co-worker of mine. He has a doberman pinscher and wanted to elevate her water and food bowls. Apparently it is bad for a tall dog's back to eat so near the floor. I've never owned a large dog and never thought about that. None the less, it gave me a reason to get in the shop. My own design, all cherry with oil and many coats of poly. Pictures for proof follow. Thanks for looking.

Bowl_Holder.JPG

Bowl_Holder_4.JPG

Bowl_Holder_5.JPG

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Very nice ... the dogs must be living the life!

Funny how many of us get pulled into this project ... I too have made a couple.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Sweet, that looks great. I built one for my big fat Lab, and the dog farts have reduced considerably. Best payment in the world.
I am sure your friend will appreciate that as much as I did, not to mention the fine woodworking, beautiful Cherry and fine SS bowls.
Dave:)

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Great job....That is another item on my to-do list for my daughter's dog. My only concern would be water on the poly. I was planning to use spar varnish. Anyone have any thoughts either way?

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Very Nice indeed:eusa_clap:eusa_clap. I too have Doberman Pinschers and I built a really crappy set when I was in college and the wife has been on me for a while now to make a new set. I really like your design-might have to incorporate some of your ideas into mine.

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:clamps-clamps-why do I never have enough clamps

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Eric, very nice job indeed. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap Any pup would be honored to eat at that table.

Ken, nice work on the troop table as well. I've got a coworker that could use one that size except it would need to be twice as high for the last 2 bowls for her Great Dane. :eek:

Brian.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Those pics should be posted somewhere in the "Dog Dining Tables for the Rich and Famous" book.

Nicely done! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Chuck

BiggE98

New User
Eric
Thanks for all the nice comments. I had some cherry from the cabinet rebuild that I'm doing in my kitchen and bathroom. I love the look and just had to use it. Scott, I struggled with the poly/spar varnish thing throughout the entire project. After some test pieces I liked the look of the poly better. Also, read about so many dinning tables that were finished with poly for the liquid factor and they were pleased with the protection. I am going to check on it periodically to make sure the finish is holding up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS