Artisan Pirate

Artisan Pirate
Corporate Member
I make all the frames for my work. Framing can be tedious. My method of making them is a bit unorthodox but my frames always come out precise.
Here is a link to my video on making custom frames
1f447_1f3fb.png

https://youtu.be/gheWSuJ_QeI

#ArtisanPirate

Attachments

• 322122146_1662730657497370_8277797333052437685_n.jpg
    322122146_1662730657497370_8277797333052437685_n.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 85

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nice! Thanks for posting Tyler.
I will have to try this since my brain is not getting why this makes a tight miter joint (It does, I just saw it on YT! LOL)
I always thought the "only" way was on a sled since you achieved the reciprocal as Matt mentions above...

anyway onto a different question - talk a little about you "Music Mural" on the outside of your shop!!!!
1672853836717.png

Artisan Pirate

Artisan Pirate
Corporate Member
Nice! Thanks for posting Tyler.
I will have to try this since my brain is not getting why this makes a tight miter joint (It does, I just saw it on YT! LOL)
I always thought the "only" way was on a sled since you achieved the reciprocal as Matt mentions above...

anyway onto a different question - talk a little about you "Music Mural" on the outside of your shop!!!!
View attachment 215864
Thanks, and lol, my Pops works in the sign business and a music store was closing down, he was sent to get these so they could be recycled. Thinking they were to nice to just melt down, he tried giving them to several record stores in my area and no one wanted them deeming them un cool.. So when he offered them to me, someone who loves classic music, I happily said yea and mounted them on the workshop wall. Originally they were back lit and upon closer inspection, they have holes drilled in for the wires and all.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks, and lol, my Pops works in the sign business and a music store was closing down, he was sent to get these so they could be recycled. Thinking they were to nice to just melt down, he tried giving them to several record stores in my area and no one wanted them deeming them un cool.. So when he offered them to me, someone who loves classic music, I happily said yea and mounted them on the workshop wall. Originally they were back lit and upon closer inspection, they have holes drilled in for the wires and all.
That is SO cool!
Glad you saved them.

Westpacx3

Jim
Corporate Member
Im pretty new at this and Not meaning to debate this process but to understand it. I have had issues meters using a sled and stop block. It seems this method allows too much room for error with the length of the sides being off and switching back and forth on the miter gauge. Part of mybissue on my current project was my materials were slightly out of square when I prepped them. Had to trash half. Fortunately it was free wood.

I'll watch the video again...

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
Nice work, it gets the job done, however having been a process engineer... I wondered if you tried using the table saw for the rabbet? With the soft pine, it probably isn’t a big deal, but with a hardwood it might take multiple passes with the router. Also it would save you from having to change router bits. Just a thought.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS