Discount Program and Privacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Please read this thoroughly and if you don't understand what I trying to say please ask in this thread.

Before, we had a single vendor, Klingspor, who was willing to provide a discount to those members who NCWW said were Discount Qualified and were willing to give Klingspor their name and mailing address and optionally their email address. At the time, we decided that you would have to supply name and mailing address just to be DQ. That was fine since we were only sending it to Klingspor and it simplified the process(coding).

But now things are different,.

• We have now have another vendor, "The Woodworking Source" that wants to do the same thing as Klingspor.
  • NCWWI wants the same info becuase it is legally necessary if you wish to become a corporate member, which we want as many of our users to become
  • The staff also would like to have the same info, becuase if we had the info and the right to use it, we could resolve certain type of issues more easily and more quickly.
  • We are formalizing our privacy policy.
So the bottom line, is that we now have the ability store more of your personel info and we have 4 different potential places that info might go. Our privacy policy will say that we can't share or use any of that info without you explicitly "OPTING IN" for each purpose.

So why am i saying the same thing again just slightly differently this time?

Because, I am just finishing all the new code that will share the info with Klingspor and/or The Woodworking Source. As I tested it, I found out that if generated the those lists today, Many, many people who used to be on the Klingspor list, will be deleted because they didn't opt in. :BangHead::BangHead:

The List for The Woodworking Source would consist of myself and 4 or 5 others:swoon::embaresse:embaresse:tongue2:

I will be sending these lists on the 29th, Thursday. Once they have been sent, they will not be sent again until the end of February:nah:
So how do you check and set those options, well the simplest way is to click on the "Your Profile" link over your avatar on the right side of the page and selecting the North Carolina Woodworker Info tab. Every place you see a pencil, you can click on it and change the info right there.

Or you can go here and you will see all the options

TexasTimbers

New User
Kevin
I have tried to figure out how one becomes DQ but have not been able to. Is this only available to NC residents?

I opted in everything under the NC WWer tab, and although I did not do it for this purpose I did donate but I believe it was last year.

TexasTimbers

New User
Kevin
Thanks 49er. I did read it, and I believe I have filled everything out correctly, but I must be missing something.

P.S. I don't mind being called Tex. . . . that was my name for 4 years while in the USCG :wink_smil

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
here we go again!:cool: I found only one thing to check and did . am I good to go?

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Thanks 49er. I did read it, and I believe I have filled everything out correctly, but I must be missing something.

P.S. I don't mind being called Tex. . . . that was my name for 4 years while in the USCG :wink_smil
You also have to a member for 60 days. I think you are a day or short. But you should be fine by the time I actually send the lists in.

TexasTimbers

New User
Kevin
Ah yes the 60 days. Cool!

I have been a Klingspor customer for years but this is a better way to be one.
Thanks Steve.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I don't see a YES block!

Name/Address Klingspor Opt inYour must set this field to "yes", if you wish to be in Klingspor Discount list. You must be DQ for this to be considered.NoName/AddressName/Address/Email
The Woodworking Source Opt inNoName/AddressName/Address/Email