Discount Program and Privacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodlaker2

Ray
Corporate Member
Got it and did it.

Steve, your note says info. will now go to foour (4) places. NCWW' Klingspor, The WW Source....and WHERE?

Thanks.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Got mine changed but had trouble reaching the thread from the opening link. Had to come in the back door. Whatup?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I choose NOT to opt in for any four 4 different potential places my Personally Identifiable Information (PII) might go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personally_identifiable_information

Thanks

Call me overly-cautious, but I'm with Jeff..., or at least until the finalized formal site privacy policy is in place.

The information that is being asked for is nothing that can't be found with a quick internet search by someone who is interested in finding that information. I do it all the time in screening prospective clients.
This information is being gathered to provide you with a benefit, no problem if you don't want the benefits.
To each their own :dontknow:

Dave:)

J

jeff...

The information that is being asked for is nothing that can't be found with a quick internet search by someone who is interested in finding that information. I do it all the time in screening prospective clients.
This information is being gathered to provide you with a benefit, no problem if you don't want the benefits.
To each their own :dontknow:

Dave:)

Thanks Dave

TexasTimbers

New User
Kevin

I do the exact same thing. Especially when I get an "anonymous" email which is more probing than the normal line of questioning. People have no idea how easy it is to find out who and where they are, even when they use a proxy and a gmail account. :gar-Bi

There really is no such thing as privacy when the need-to-know is high enough.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
I think this was asked before but checking name/address only is opting in, is this correct?

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Got it and did it.

Steve, your note says info. will now go to foour (4) places. NCWW' Klingspor, The WW Source....and WHERE?

Thanks.

If you become a corporate member, the information must be available to to both the state of NC and the IRS. We doon't send it autmatically, but if they ever requestit we must comply.

the other optin doesn't really go anywhere. it just gives the staff the right to use the information to contact you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS