Dirty Santa Gift Exchange Gloat - Teapot from Overman Woodworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Thursday night I attended my first Charlotte Woodturners meeting ... well, Christmas party. Lately I've been trying to dedicate some time to the local organizations and get more involved in the local woodworking community ... this was another step in that direction.

First let me say ... what a great bunch of men and women. No doubt, I want to go to the next meeting and get to know them better and learn from them (and hopefully share some stuff I know!)

Well, the gloat is what I got in their "Dirty Santa" gift exchange. I was SUPER LUCKY and was able to get this turned & carved teapot made by Raymond Overman (www.nakedwoodturner.com & www.overmanshop.com). It's cherry with a purpleheart top. It will (and does) look great in my office as art.

:gar-Bi:thumbs_up:icon_thum

queen_tea.jpg

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
Ah. the pleasure of interaction with folks with whom you share a passion. Other than sharing passion with the LOYL, there is nothing finer. However, a word of caution...

make sure you pour appropriately temperate water boiled in a more suitable container into your teapot when "tea time" arrives.

Check with DavidF for details on "tea time" and NO, I don't do "Tee time"

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Hopefully after the first of the year I can join you!

Yeah man ... you'll enjoy it, I think. They seem like a great bunch of people (just wish I could get them on here!):gar-La;

Also, for those interested ... Raymond has a video on making a teapot on his website (link above). Pretty neat process.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Great looking tea pot. I have been thinking about Joining up with those guys. I guess I need to go find their website again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS