Did anyone know about the Thomaville Woodworking contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwallwork

John
Corporate Member
I was just reading in the local county paper (Davidson County Reporter) that Thomasville announced the winners of a woodworking contest. Did anyone here know about the contest? I wish I had known about it, I would have like to have seen the submissions.

Would anyone else be interested in a list of Woodworking Contests/ exhibits? Just wondering.

Thanks,

John

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
You raise a good point.

To date, such events are ususally found and shared by member in User Announcements forum.

Sometimes, users add it to the Calander.

Also, if you request Toolman via a PM, he can add it to the Announcements box on the main page.

So, informally, we are doing this. It falls to a member to share the event.

Other things like the Klingspor Woodworking Extravaganza, NCWW, Inc is a co-host so it gets a bit more press on our site.

Not sure if that addresses your question, but thats at least the history, as I understand it ;-)

Jim

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
John, Jim pretty much nailed it. Unless NCWW is a sponor or co-sponsor we rely on our members to bring these events to our attention. We would love to have the organizations contact us directly but that is still a work in progress. In the mean time please post such events under member announcements.

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
I find it surprising that Thomasville had a woodworking contest and no one hear knew or talked about it. Who did they include in the contest?

jwallwork

John
Corporate Member
The article didn't say who could participate. I believe it was sponsored by the chamber of commerce. The article did say it's purpose was to draw attention to Thomasville's history of furniture making. The overall winning piece was a curved Grandfather clock, I believe by a man named Glenn Miller (not the musician). They also had a category for chairs, to represent Thomasville as "Chair City". The winning piece was an Adirondack chair.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS