Did anyone know about the Thomaville Woodworking contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwallwork

John
Corporate Member
I was just reading in the local county paper (Davidson County Reporter) that Thomasville announced the winners of a woodworking contest. Did anyone here know about the contest? I wish I had known about it, I would have like to have seen the submissions.

Would anyone else be interested in a list of Woodworking Contests/ exhibits? Just wondering.

Thanks,

John

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
You raise a good point.

To date, such events are ususally found and shared by member in User Announcements forum.

Sometimes, users add it to the Calander.

Also, if you request Toolman via a PM, he can add it to the Announcements box on the main page.

So, informally, we are doing this. It falls to a member to share the event.

Other things like the Klingspor Woodworking Extravaganza, NCWW, Inc is a co-host so it gets a bit more press on our site.

Not sure if that addresses your question, but thats at least the history, as I understand it ;-)

Jim

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
John, Jim pretty much nailed it. Unless NCWW is a sponor or co-sponsor we rely on our members to bring these events to our attention. We would love to have the organizations contact us directly but that is still a work in progress. In the mean time please post such events under member announcements.

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
I find it surprising that Thomasville had a woodworking contest and no one hear knew or talked about it. Who did they include in the contest?

jwallwork

John
Corporate Member
The article didn't say who could participate. I believe it was sponsored by the chamber of commerce. The article did say it's purpose was to draw attention to Thomasville's history of furniture making. The overall winning piece was a curved Grandfather clock, I believe by a man named Glenn Miller (not the musician). They also had a category for chairs, to represent Thomasville as "Chair City". The winning piece was an Adirondack chair.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors