Desk WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Still working on this desk. Seems it's been all over my garage/shop all summer. Guess it's been too hot and I've been too sorry. Still lots of work to do before starting on the top, but here goes. Sorry about the thread instead of the pix, but I'm definitely computer challenged. :BangHead:

desk_001.jpg

desk_002.jpg

Beautiful piece! What's the wood? You are really doing a nice job with that!

J

jeff...

Man that is awesome :icon_thum if you don't mind I have a few questions: How big is the chair hole and how big is the drawer hole?

Thanks

skeeter

New User
Charles
Jeff, chair opening is 25" high and 25 1/2" wide, and the drawer openings are 5 1/2 " high and 13 1/2" wide. The two bottom right drawers are actually one file drawer with a false front that looks like two drawers.

Nelsone, the wood is Wenge and Zebrawood. BTW, thanks for posting the pictures.

Last edited:

P Crews

New User
Paul Crews
Wow! That is truly beautiful work. Great choice of wood. Is the top going to be zebrawood too?

Paul

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Wow!! I knew when you posted the earlier pics this was gonna be beautiful...it looks even better than I'd imagined. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Hat's off to you. I love the look of wenge with zebrawood. (Zebrawood is not the easiest wood to work with. You've done a great job!)

So, whatcha gonna do for the top?

Chuck

skeeter

New User
Charles
Top will use the same theme. Wenge frame with three sections of Zebrawood, just not recessed, everything flat. I am doing the top pieces tongue and groove, hopefully for more support.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Nice job Skeeter!
Love your choice of wood. Can't wait to see the finished product. Jim

skeeter

New User
Charles
No progress to report, just got back to work on the top today. This past Thursday was a week ago, my mother had a mini-stroke (TIA). Happy to report she is doing good, almost all symptons have gone away. It was a pretty scarry time for the first couple of days.

It was a sign of relief to get back to sanding (I hate sanding) because it meant she is doing so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS