Delt 17-950L Drill Press deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbaileyjr

New User
Paul
I just left Lowes in Knightdale and they have one Delta drill press left, the one on display. It is marked $349 but I told of my experience yesterday in Raleigh where I presented photo copies of two receipts from NC Woodworker members who were sold the same drill press for $150 in Kinston and Rocky Mount and the manager agreed to sell me their last one for $150 also. The associate I spoke with at Knightdale said he didn't know but it was worth trying. So if you're in the market you might want to get to Lowes in Knightdale ASAP and see if you can score the same deal. I will gladly share my receipt if you want three.

Ben325e

New User
Ben
If the display is missing anything, Deltas will ship it free. They are sending me a new chuck, arbor, and table adjustment knobs, as well as a laser alignment rod. Many of the displays appear to be missing the chuck.

pbaileyjr

New User
Paul
Thanks Ben, I used yours and Chuck's receipt to help get my deal in Raleigh. It appears all the parts are with my machine.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Paul,

Congratulations on the drill press deal. It seems like you've been making good progress in getting the shop equipped.

Bob

ck1999

Chris
User
I have contacted Lowes in Garner, Clayton, Dunn, Highpoint, Tarboro, and all 4 have it for 349. I mentioned the price people were posting on here. And a few said there is no way it was that low. I told them that people had posted receipts with that price. :dontknow: 1 said I could have the display model for 10% off.

Chris

pbaileyjr

New User
Paul
Hey Chris, I'll be glad to send you a copy of my receipt. You can print the other two off from here and armed with proof of three sales in the area you need to go to the store (no phone calls) and talk directly with the store manager. I bet if you do that you'll get the press, (maybe).

pbaileyjr

New User
Paul
Hey Bobby, yeah the shop is slowly coming together. I've been waiting for you to post the DW735... what'cha think...

GeorgeM

New User
George
Re: Delta 17-950L Drill Press deal

I tried four different Lowe's in SC and none would price match the drill press. They did agree to cut it to $275.00.

One even called the manager of the store that was listed on the receipt above and he said that it was missing parts was why they sold it for $150.00.

Wish I had gotten in on it though!

Have a Blessed day.

George

pbaileyjr

New User
Paul
C:\Photo Images\lowes receipt\drillpressreceipt
I'm trying to figure our how to post a copy of my receipt.

ck1999

Chris
User
So after I posted this morning I noticed on the other thread that Chuck had purchased his drill in Rocky Mount 2 days after I went and talked to them. :gar-Cr I called them this morning and of course they did not have any more in stock. So told LOML this morning about it (she was with me in Rocky Mount). So she called me today at work and said she went to Garner and was able to get one.:banana::banana: She printed the receipts and they priced matched them.

So this evening I got to put it together. :icon_cheers

Chris

pbaileyjr

New User
Paul
Congrats Chris... So how many NC Woodworkers have now scored a Delta 17-950L new from Lowes for $150? I'm thinking 5 at least. Thanks to Chuck (cpowell) for bringing it to my attention and I believe it was Ben who posted his receipt first. This is a great site, saving some of us some decent cash from time to time. Thank you NCWoodworker.net.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
Congrats Chris... So how many NC Woodworkers have now scored a Delta 17-950L new from Lowes for $150? I'm thinking 5 at least. Thanks to Chuck (cpowell) for bringing it to my attention and I believe it was Ben who posted his receipt first. This is a great site, saving some of us some decent cash from time to time. Thank you NCWoodworker.net.

I picked one up this week at the Apex Lowes, so make it 6!

My friend later went back the same day and they wouldn't do the deal anymore. They told him that the error was traced to an erroneous price point at their High Point store and that they wouldn't honor the $150 price any more. I am not sure if that is true or just a non confrontational way that they chose to say "no" but I can't blame them.

Good luck at the other stores!

fsdogwood

New User
Pinwu
I picked one up this week at the Apex Lowes, so make it 6!

My friend later went back the same day and they wouldn't do the deal anymore. They told him that the error was traced to an erroneous price point at their High Point store and that they wouldn't honor the $150 price any more. I am not sure if that is true or just a non confrontational way that they chose to say "no" but I can't blame them.

Good luck at the other stores!

Congrats!

Pinwu

Mikeprice11

New User
Michael
7 !!!

Just went to the Lowes here in Concord and found one. I saw it a few days ago and it still had the $350 price tag. I went in there today and asked the two guys that were working in the tool department who I needed to talk to about a getting a deal on that Delta Drill Press. The one guy was a manager. I told him the story that I found on here and that a lot of the Lowes were honoring the $150 price. I whipped out my receipts and handed them over. He said yeah we "MUST" honor it. He said he had to talk to his manager and a minute later came back and we walked to the register and he marked it down. He said "you know you got a deal" and I told him yeah and I thank the guys on NC Woodworker for this.

Anyways I Thank Yall and I want to return the favor so if anyone finds one around I got a receipt from today (03-06-2010) that could help ya out.

Just let me know:gar-Bi

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Thanks to all for the tip on this.

Yesterday I bought the only one that the Kannapolis store had for $150. A copy of the receipt that was posted, plus a brief discussion with the manager, was all that it took to get it for that price. I set it up in the wood shop, displacing the 8 yr old version of it with the small table, which has now been relocated to our metal shop, where it displaced a 50's vintage Craftsman. I don't know where the Craftsman is going yet, but probably Craigs list.

Charley

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
You have to keep trying. There are several layers of clearance & it appears each Lowe's is on a different time scale. I have not been able to get anything from my local Goldsboro Lowe's even though I spent $8,000.00 with them last year. My scores have come from Kinston, Winterville, and Washington. You may have to check with them several times a week. dont give up.
Here is my receipt.
James
I have gotten:
Delta dust collector $329.00 for $45.00
Delta drill press $150.00
Delta 14" bandsaw $100.00 (Goldsboro still has one)
Delta 8" variable speed bench grinder $60.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS