Day job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

New User
Phillip Fuentes
every now and then at work, they let me stop sanding or making face frames to do something else. here are some fir doors i just completed, still in the white (no finish) ready to be delivered to the finisher. i was standing on a radial arm table to take the pic so the scale and perspective seem off. they are 8' tall and about 30" wide, beveled splined fir over a spanish cedar core. the jamb is quartered fir, with a laminate bent arch and white oak sill. thanks for looking.

phillip

DSC01886.JPG

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Great looking doors Phillip.:icon_thum Is each door 30" or 30" total? Where will these be installed?

D L

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Thanks for the pic, Phillip.

One day if I keep working very hard I hope to be able to produce just one piece with the fit of those doors. Very nice work!

Chuck

Phillip

New User
Phillip Fuentes
DL, the doors are 30" each and will be entrance doors at a residence in Winston-Salem. thanks for looking everybody, hopefully i'll get some pics after they are finished and installed. the big problem is that we usually don't get to see our work once it leaves the shop but i'm trying to find a way, even if i have to go to job sites on weekends.

phillip

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Nice work, Phillip!!! How will they actually be finished? Stain? Are they intended to be exterior doors?

I am curious. As a pro, how long did they take you to complete?

Thanks so much for the pic, and again - great work!:eusa_clap

Wayne

Phillip

New User
Phillip Fuentes
Canuck, i think they'll be stained but i don't know what the topcoat will be. they took somewhere between 10 and 15 10hr days. sometimes i'll have to go out on deliveries or help someone else for a while, so time gets away, its all written up on time sheets but i never seem to add it all up. i guarantee my supervisor knows how much time i spent though... i'll be able to cut the time in half if i get to do another set like this now that i know what i'm doing.

phillip

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Great looking doors Phillip:icon_thum . You can build a set for me anytime:lol:
Thanks for sharing the pics and keep up the good work.
Take care

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, the perspective is really off in that picture, those are grand doors. And they turned out awesome. Hope the owner appreciates the craftsmanship that went into them.
Dave:)

skeeter

New User
Charles
I think, with workmanship like that, "they'll let you stop sanding or making face frames to do something else" a lot moe often. Really nice work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS