Craftsman table saws

Status
Not open for further replies.

worm1595

New User
worm
Are the new Craftsman table saws any good ? I'm talking about thier higher end hybrids and cabinet saws. I am not even considering a table top model. I am going to by a hybrid or cabinet model.

Who makes thier saws for them these days ?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wood Magazine did a compare of hybrid saws in their Nov 2008 issue. At the moment I can not find my copy. Maybe some who is better organized can let you know what they has to say.

GeorgeM

New User
George
I have the Craftsman 22124 which is the full cabinet saw with the Biesemeyer fence and it has been great. I have had it almost 3 years. I got it on sale for $637.00.

Have a Blessed and wonderful day.

George

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
The 22124 (zip code) saw was made by Orion, which was the name Steel City used for selling thru Sears. Excellent saw; I have one. It's usually grouped with hybrids by the mags, buy it's actually a 'baby' cabinet saw at 1.75 hp. The trunnions are mounted to the cabinet base, not the top. Having said that, I recently saw a Steel City version for $650, with their fence and not a Biese. Not a concern, since Biese is now owned by B&D. BTW, that's what I paid about 4 years ago!

worm1595

New User
worm
Yes I have been looking at the 22124 Craftsman model and the Jet Pro-10 hybrid saw. I have kinda settled on buying one of the two but can't yet decide :BangHead:. Guess I'll keep on comparing until my bonus $$$ comes in from work next month. This will be my first table saw. I set myself a budget of around 1K.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
+1 on the 22124 Craftsman!!!:wsmile:

Like Joe, I added the MLCS router table wing (replacing the left hand table extension) and this setup has been great.

It has cut everything I have thrown at it.

No regrets here!

Wayne

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Yes I have been looking at the 22124 Craftsman model and the Jet Pro-10 hybrid saw. I have kinda settled on buying one of the two but can't yet decide :BangHead:. Guess I'll keep on comparing until my bonus $$$ comes in from work next month. This will be my first table saw. I set myself a budget of around 1K.
I have the JPS-10, and had the good fortune of using the 22124 as well (in Wayne's and Joe's shops). You can't go wrong with either of them. All the magazine reviews rate these two saws very highly, the differences in quality & performance are very small.

The reason I went with the JPS-10 is that I got it for $625 (this is almost 2 years ago). If the prices were the same, I'd flip a coin. The only area where I think the 22124 is significantly better is the guard/ splitter. It is much easier to remove and replace than the one on the JPS-10. Since I have the MJ splitter and plan on adding an overhead guard (with dust collection), this isn't a huge deal, but something to consider.

worm1595

New User
worm
Well then......I guess it's time to flip a coin ! I am leaning toward the Sears saw but who knows what I'll actually settle on when the cash is actually burning a hole in my pocket :icon_cheers

worm1595

New User
worm
I learned last night that Sears is getting in new Table saw models this week. (I actualy watched them assemble some of the new model floor samples w/ granite tops) I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a #22124 (to be discontinued as of Oct. 1) I got a good deal on this saw still new in box with the Biese fence. I'm gonna' go pick it up on friday AFTER I pick up my new 3hp Radial Arm Saw !!!! It's been a great week for new toys ! :banana: :eusa_clap :eek:ccasion1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS