Completed Walnut Corner Cupboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

robliles

Rob
Corporate Member
First and foremost, this is the first time I have attempted to post pictures so wish me luck.

This is a recently (like yesterday) completed walnut cupboard. I have always wanted one and finally had the time to complete it. I started on April 16, and completed it yesterday, right at four months. It is just under 8' tall and just under 5' wide. It is massive. The biggest problem I made was not building it in two pieces to make it easier to move around. I feel for whoever finally inherits this as it will probably be easier to just rip the roof off the house and use a crane to move it. The upper glass doors are all individual lights and have Bendheim full restoration glass. The primary wood is, of course, walnut and secondary is ash. The drawer is angled at 60 degrees and hand dovetailed--one heck of a challenge. The raised panels on the bottom doors are bookmatched from 8/4 walnut. The right one came out better than the left one. Anyway, I am really proud of this and wanted to share.
P1010012.JPG

P101000916.JPG

P101000623.JPG

P101000524.JPG

P101000422.JPG

P101000228.JPG

P101000121.JPG

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Holy cow, that is awesome! Really, really nice. I have a few questions:

1) How did you make the molding? Router table, moulding planes, some other method?

2) Is this your own design or did you find some plans?

Again, that really came out nice. You should be proud.

redknife

New User
Chris
Wow. Wonderful piece. Lots of detail work. How did you mill the larger moldings? Shaper/router/hand?

ETA: Great minds... Didn't see Jeremy's post with same question.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Very nice. A lot of very detailed. I love the way you offset the corners. The angled drawer is neat also. Those made you a lot of extra detail work. You also spent a lot of time in the planning stage. The finished project shows your attention to detail as well as your craftsmanship abilities.

robliles

Rob
Corporate Member
Thanks for all the compliments. The moldings, both crown, waist and the ogee bracket feet were done on a router table. The design is purely mine.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Super awesome work!!!!

I can't imagine the work and dedication to detail a project like this invokes. You are a serious craftsman for sure.

Well done!

Wayne

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
Nice!!! I also made a cabinet that was about that tall and all one piece, we both learned the same lesson there!! Your work is wonderful!!

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
You should be proud of that piece, it is beautiful. Now, let's see the matching table and chairs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS