Completed Project...Plus Shop Pics...and Gloat!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngusMac

New User
Dan
Today I finally finished the project that I promised my girlfriend for christmas. It's a humble sewing table made from maple and ash.

The table's top and aprons were salvaged from a throw-away maple kitchen table which I happened upon and customized to my needs. The legs are ash and the drop leaf is supported by a gate leg with a shop-built knuckle joint.

This is the first major furniture project that I have completed using some newly acquired precision equipment:
delta contractor's saw with t-2 fence system, bench-dog router table extension, powermatic jointer.

The jointer is on loan from a friend who is traveling out of the country for an indefinite period of time, and although I will be sad to see it go when he returns, I was one of the lucky ones who was able to pick up the ridgid jointer from HD's clearance. It's still sitting in its box on my dining room floor.

However, I am proud to GLOAT that I just received my factory refurb DW735, which has been a welcome addition to my shop. It's pretty awesome. I have the planer, jointer, table-saw hooked up to a PSI 1hp DC system outfitted with rockler's dust right accessories and feeding into a 20 gallon trash can with a Phil Thien baffle system. Here are a few pictures from my humble shed/shop.

Dan

fx0deKc3D6jDYqdj1akujuojvxHYg_gTaa6MZxHNv-4
iT7Jilcfh8CcZSRXKAybiuojvxHYg_gTaa6MZxHNv-4
HTTH9y3cmTr9lbfixDwfCOojvxHYg_gTaa6MZxHNv-4
OUNEHrXRRMDyY-XxwKupGOojvxHYg_gTaa6MZxHNv-4
74qoOjIaiizhG-q7fXxz7uojvxHYg_gTaa6MZxHNv-4

SteveCogs

New User
Steve
Nice use of salvaged wood and congrats on the shop. It is nice when you have the right tools for the job.

JimZ3

New User
Jim
Nice Job:icon_thum

Sweet Jointer.....Why cant some of my freinds leave the country:rotflm:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very nice table, I love the thumbnail edge, clean and elegant. As for the jointer, I suggest you charge a monthly "storage fee"....which when multiplied by the # of months it's there magically equates to the value of the jointer :) Congrats on already having a replacement lined up.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Very nice table, I love the thumbnail edge, clean and elegant. As for the jointer, I suggest you charge a monthly "storage fee"....which when multiplied by the # of months it's there magically equates to the value of the jointer :) Congrats on already having a replacement lined up.

Wow! Beautiful work and excellent gloatage!

BenBen

New User
Ben
Nice table and good use of the salvaging aspects of it.

Good beer choice too...can't go wrong with Highland Brewery.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Excellent work on the table! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I'm sure she'll love it. The shop is looking good too. :icon_thum

sapwood

New User
Roger
Dan,
I likey :mrgreen:
A sharp looking table for your first major project . . . no doubt your GF is impressed too!
Love the shop, too. It's replete with tools, clutter, music, and beer :icon_thum

But I think you need bigger speakers :eusa_booh

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS