Completed project - Dining table

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidF

New User
David
The finished product was well worth the wait. Coming in under a year is actually a noteworthy accomplishment! And the most important thing is that they will have the table for Thanksgiving (2008??). :lol: :lol:

Seriously, it looks nice. I followed your work in progress many moons ago before your post was locked...again. :slap:

I like the base design, pretty cool, really. Very solid construction without appearing heavy. I'm not surprised at the hours required. The time you spent carefully setting up the construction paid off. Good job. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Chuck

Thanks Chuck, and everybody else, I really appreciate the nice comments.

DavidF

New User
David
Did anybody notice the Shoji is weaved at the joints? boy was that scary having milled it all up and cut heaven knows how many half laps - 1/2" Peruvian walnut doesn't like to bend! it actually creaked a few times.......

DavidF

New User
David
Beautiful work and design. It would be hard to part with such a work of art.

I must say it does come hard to part with something that has been a part of my every waking, and sometimes sleeping! time for nime months, but then a lathe and a performax drum sander replaced it, so I'm happy! The rest is going in the Alsaka 2009 vacation fund!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS