Complete disaster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Two days wasted and one present short.

Time to regroup, rethink, gather my wits and try again.

Just making a simple box, cut the dovetails wrong and had an extra board so no big deal. Got to the end and realized I cut one corner backwards and cut one groove on the wrong side of the board.

All that wood is trash. :kamahlitu

Don't know if I will do something else or resaw and plane new boards... :dontknow:

Feel like crap! :no:

MikeH

New User
Mike
That has never :eusa_doh: happened to me. Yeah right!

Sorry to hear about the wasted wood Mike. If anyone can come up with something it's you.

manfre

New User
Manfre
Do what a barber does when they oops and just cut it all a little bit shorter. If you keep making mistakes, it will eventually be a very nice (singular) coin box.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
I feel your pain Mike - I hate those projects when nothing seems to go right - especially when there is a hard deadline involved!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Found a plank already planed close to size and long enough. Cut the pieces and marked them. Now to be very careful while cutting.

Maybe I need some blue tape! :rotflm:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Found a plank already planed close to size and long enough. Cut the pieces and marked them. Now to be very careful while cutting.

I've found the green tape to be just as effective.....:-D

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I don't know Mike. I'm starting to get a little concerned about the chili you're fixing tomorrow. Sure hope it's a better day. :rotflm:

Bill

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff

White tape ain't to bad either just don't pull off against the grain - else you'll be sorry

JCraig

New User
Jerry
I don't know Mike. I'm starting to get a little concerned about the chili you're fixing tomorrow. Sure hope it's a better day. :rotflm:

Bill
Yeah Bill, that's for sure. I started to send a smart a&& reply, but I got to thinking about that Chili and changed my mind. It might be a little hotter than I could stand. "Mike, I understand how you fee.". Course, it's never happened to me.:rotflm:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
It fits perfectly, makes a nice z shape. :rotflm:

I'm 3/4 done now, small dovetails are really tedious. :BangHead:

Chili will be fine, may have a little saw dust in it but I hear fiber is good for you. :dontknow:

CLetts

New User
Carl
I was taught when ya make a mistake, adapt your project......therefore.........I'd give them the pieces and just tell 'em it's a puzzle. :icon_thum

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I've done that once... or was it twice? short term memory can be a blessing at times. :-D

gfernandez

Gonzalo
Corporate Member
Look on the bright side. A complete disaster would be what my neighbor did over the summer. He was trying to use a handsaw to cut through a piece of wood. It was late at night and outside, he couldn't see what he was doing and sawed through the tendon in his thumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS